Looking for a Series One pick-up.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
The last two Series One trucks that I have seen for sale have both gone to collectors in the east. I'm reaching out to the ExPo community in hopes of finding one that will be driven on dirt roads and used. I'm willing to pay a finders fee if a deal is made. In order to keep poaching to a minimum, please pm me or e-mail me at: the agave worm @ yahoo . com without the spaces of course. Condition is not important as long as all of the main body parts are there. Again, this is for a pick-up.

Thanks ExPo

samer0214

Not sure if you posted this on defendersource.com

If you haven't, you should. You might have better luck there since it's purely Defenders and Series oriented.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

czenkov

Adventurer
Lead

Try Ike Goss at Pangolin 4x4. If that does not net you a truck I may know of one local to me for sale - but I think it is a long shot.

slcrover

Try Ike Goss at Pangolin 4x4. If that does not net you a truck I may know of one local to me for sale - but I think it is a long shot.

Andrew took the words out of my mouth. concerning the local 107: it's loved, but it has sat for a while.

JSBriggs

Adventurer
Looking at gunsandrovers- I see very little gun stuff. This fits perfectly with my impression that *most* rover people are not gun people. Sierra Club and Country Club- yes. NRA- no.:ylsmoke:

Sierra Club? Seriously? They are one of the larger anti-access to public land groups out there.

-Jeff

meatblanket

Adventurer
Looking at gunsandrovers- I see very little gun stuff. This fits perfectly with my impression that *most* rover people are not gun people. Sierra Club and Country Club- yes. NRA- no.:ylsmoke:

Lol, I don't think you could be more wrong about the membership of that forum. :sombrero:

czenkov

Adventurer
Lol, I don't think you could be more wrong about the membership of that forum. :sombrero:

Yup, avid owners, just lately most conversations are Rover related there. But now that you said that I am sure the membership will now rise up and represent!

Saw 3 at the Portland ABFM this last Saturday, although none appeared to be for sale.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
I'd like to thank everyone that helped out in the search. I learned a few things about the Series One Rover community during this quest. First off, Ike either has a sewing circle full of gossipy women whose intelligence gathering system rivals the best of waterboarding, or he has his own spyware software that notifies him immediately anytime "Series One" is typed online. Either way, I don't know. I do know that he succeeded in beating me to two different Series One trucks. I thought the Toyota J45 community was tight, I truly didn't realize that there were so few Series One trucks in the U.S. With that being said, I believe that I have secured my 107".

I'll post details once it is on my car hauler.

TravelinLight

Observer

I would say you are very wrong about the GnR forum. It is not the main focus there for sure but there is a common understanding that it is a part of the community and forum. Those on the board are more about their trucks and helping out and not was bolted on for show most of the time.

Congrats on the 107. I picked up my Dormobile from Ike.

slcrover

I'd like to thank everyone that helped out in the search. I learned a few things about the Series One Rover community during this quest. First off, Ike either has a sewing circle full of gossipy women whose intelligence gathering system rivals the best of waterboarding, or he has his own spyware software that notifies him immediately anytime "Series One" is typed online. Either way, I don't know. I do know that he succeeded in beating me to two different Series One trucks. I thought the Toyota J45 community was tight, I truly didn't realize that there were so few Series One trucks in the U.S. With that being said, I believe that I have secured my 107".

I'll post details once it is on my car hauler.

Congrats on getting a Series 1! You won't regret it. Best rover I could ever own. Ike has a mysterious system for sure.. I equate it to black magic mixed with some voodoo.. But he's a great guy with tons of knowledge and whenever I'm looking for unobtainable tidbits he usually has it, so at least it's all going to a good home. I actually picked up my S1 88" SW, only to find out from Ike that he was planning going to look at that truck the week after.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles