Looking for a QUALITY down pipe for XJ

LJRockstar

Adventurer
Is there anyone who makes a quality down pipe for 4.0 XJ's? Preferably stainless? All I've been able to find is Walker, Crown, and Omix aluminized steel stuff. All of them look kinda crummy. There has to be someone making nice mandrel bent stuff. I have a flow master cat back setup and its beautiful, but they don't offer the head pipe. :mad:

Bought a walker the other day, but after it was in the jeep I found that the O2 bung looked like they beat it with a hammer to make it stick to the pipe. Sensor wouldn't even begin to thread in. junk. I found a few nice ones for YJ, but nothing so far for XJ.

This is the final piece to getting the XJ on the road and its driving me crazy!

-ND4SPD-

I gave up & just had a steel one bent up. I bumped it up from 2.25" to 2.5" to match the exhaust as well as having a flex pipe added (hopefully to prevent more cracked headers). It's better then the currently available garbage by Walker or Dorman & half the price of a custom welded stainless piece. A decent compromise I guess.

IMG_0356.jpg

LJRockstar

Adventurer
I gave up & just had a steel one bent up. I bumped it up from 2.25" to 2.5" to match the exhaust as well as having a flex pipe added (hopefully to prevent more cracked headers). It's better then the currently available garbage by Walker or Dorman & half the price of a custom welded stainless piece. A decent compromise I guess.

View attachment 399679

That looks nice with the flex pipe. For now I fixed the threads in the walker pipe. Next time I make a trip to my home town in NJ I'm going to take it to this really good exhaust shop that has done a few jeeps for me years ago. Shop is called Mufflex in Hamilton NJ.

I was thinking about having just a stainless one bent up, but I really like the flex pipe idea. Probably have them throw that in the mix as well.

Thanks!

OhioWrangler

I haven't used one but, BORLA is life time warranty. I've replaced a few headers no questioned asked. They are pricey but they stand behind their product, Ron

goatherder

no trepidation
No. There is not one available that I could find. So I ordered up some mandrel bends and made my own in 2.5". It works perfect, and seems to have made a noticeable difference in power (after the computer "learning period"). It is attached to a Speed Daddy stainless header off Ebay and Walker 2.5" rear section. There is no cat in this pic; I have since installed a 2.5" spun cat from Performance Curve. Now it smells better and is not as loud.
IMG_0031.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior