Looking for a non made in china snatch block, Any recommendations?

Cav 3724

Master pulls are made in USA. Pricey depending on which size you want. Been using them for years, not one failure.

crusem

I have to say I possess 3 snatch blocks and have been fortunate to only have used them a couple of times. The warns are a semi-permanent loan from a family member.
I keep this one saved in my eBay account just in case I ever need or want another. It does not have any country markings but it is identical to the warn above other than being galvanized. I don't know if it is a clone or built at the same factory but it has worked for me.

wow, I just got back into this thread. I dont get why all the hate because I was trying to support someone trying to actually make something in the states? There is plenty of stuff made in china thats fine. It's hard not to find thing made there. I find it funny to get hate from the internet warriors. I literally trust my life almost on a daily basis at work with rigging. I rebuild turbines for general electric on the union side. I'm a journeyman millwright and a certified rigger. We only use usa made rigging as we know it meets safety standards. Hell, whats a crosby shackle cost over some chinese one, 15 bucks? You can grab a campbell for 16. some who knows what chinese shackle you have sitting on the bumper of your jeep probably cost you at least 10.

Anyhow, end rant.

Thank you for the replies. Ended up with a masterpull.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I just deleted several posts that seem to be political...please keep it on topic (which may be hard given the title of this thread)

ramblinChet

If you are a man who will not compromise and are looking for the finest vehicle snatch block that is Made in the USA...

Double the effective pulling power of your winch with AEV’s snatch block. Featuring ArmorGalv® coating, self-lubricating Oilite® bushing with a specialized polymer pulley, and an industry-first, inward-rolled eyelet for safe engagement with ropes and soft-shackles. This is suitable for use on both standard and heavy duty applications.

aev-recovery-gear-13.jpg

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I have to say I possess 3 snatch blocks and have been fortunate to only have used them a couple of times. The warns are a semi-permanent loan from a family member.
I keep this one saved in my eBay account just in case I ever need or want another. It does not have any country markings but it is identical to the warn above other than being galvanized. I don't know if it is a clone or built at the same factory but it has worked for me.

I bought one of those Red Warn 4.5T Blocks about 20 years ago, they are really well thought out and I also have one of their flat snatch blocks, As a non American I do like buying American products but I have others from else where too.

Lmg

Just want to say that I am in need of a larger snatch block, placed and received a snatch block which I am not happy with. While researching this issue, I stumbled onto this post. The images shown in the second two links in the above post, match the images for a Chinese manufacturer known as JOYO. If you look at the images on the two websites, you will see that the snatch blocks are marked with WLL values which are much less than what the info on stated on the sellers websites are rating these at.

Here is my experience: Personally, I recently ordered and received a snatch block advertised as rated for 30,000 lbs. When I received the order, I received an item identical to what is shown in the first link above, cast into the item was "WLL 4-1/2 tons", so 9,000 lbs.

I found what appears to be the manufacturer's website: https://www.globalsources.com/Pulley-block/block-pulley-block-snatch-block-1185800298p.htm

If you look at the website I posted above, these are being offered with pulley diameters from 3" to 8" at prices ranging from US $ 3.50 to $4.00 each with a minimum order of 10 pieces. Mine came with a 5 pulley and a marked WLL of 4-1/2 tons. The vendor I ordered from rated it at 30,000 lbs.

Do you think you want to be standing near, or be responsible for others standing near a cable under load and connected to a $4.00 snatch block? I think not.

I ordered from what I thought was a reputable and trustworthy company, and was totally surprised that I have encountered this issue. Now I find other companies which I have great respect for are also offering these with similar exaggerated ratings.

I have requested a return authorization for my order.

Be careful.

What happens is a confusion between Max Breaking Strength and Work Limit Load. MBS is usually 3 to 3.5 times WLL. Vendors trap buyers by posting MBS and not saying that is what it is. So buyer has no idea if the rating is MBS or WLL.

Lmg

What happens is a confusion between Max Breaking Strength and Work Limit Load. MBS is usually 3 to 3.5 times WLL. Vendors trap buyers by posting MBS and not saying that is what it is. So buyer has no idea if the rating is MBS or WLL.

I totally agree with that. However sometimes I think that whom ever creates the description is not technically qualified.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior