Looking for a narrow/short built-in propane oven

kiltym

We are outfitting an older Lance truck camper for S. America. We are going to be replacing the three way fridge with a 12v compressor fridge, which is also much shorter.

We will end up with about 20" of height in which I would love to put a small propane oven. But, I cannot find anything that might work. Basically a one shelf oven. A few years ago I search for this as well and did find something for boats that was pretty thin, but I cannot find anything now that is basically a one shelf oven.

Maybe a pizza oven? But have not found built in propane pizza ovens either. Maybe a toaster oven, but want it to run on propane, not AC.

I know this is a longshot, and a totally luxury item to have with us, but we have been travelling full time for a very long time, and would like to have an oven, if possible, in our next home.

Thanks for any ideas and suggestions.

1000arms

Some ideas:

Coleman folding oven:

Camp Chef outdoor ovens:

Dickinson Marine propane stoves (plus a diesel stove), check around for much better prices:

And the Omnia Oven:

Last edited:

kiltym

Thanks.

No diesel available as our truck is gas. And don't want a stove, just the oven.

The Coleman one is an easy option, but it is very inefficient and would take up our entire stove top. We have used these before.

And want something installed inside, but will research the campchef items and see if any could go inside. Thanks for this lead.

1000arms

Thanks.

No diesel available as our truck is gas. And don't want a stove, just the oven.

The Coleman one is an easy option, but it is very inefficient and would take up our entire stove top. We have used these before.

And want something installed inside, but will research the campchef items and see if any could go inside. Thanks for this lead.
Just cover the Camp Chef in asbestos? :unsure: ... :cool: ... Okay, it might be better to use a different insulation. :) ... Maybe ceramic insulation blankets for wood stoves? Maybe mounted to slide out for use?

Maybe an additional single burner for the Coleman folding oven?

You are welcome. Hopefully someone will post just what you want! :)

chet6.7

Explorer
If you can't find something that works with your preferred fuel, the Australian 12V Travel Buddy could be an option.

Last edited:

CalgaryMcLean

kiltym

You might be able to squeeze in a Furrion oven:

Dometic has a small oven as well:
Ship oven - OG 2000 - Dometic - gas / pizza / with grill (nauticexpo.com)

And something from SMEV:
Dometic Smev FO211GT Caravan Motorhome Oven (jacksonsleisure.com)

Might be hard to find in N.America.

The Furrion is too big as I had checked that one.

The other two look very interesting. Thank you.

1000arms

Sure does, and they are available in the US under another brand.

12V Battery Powered Portable Travel Oven – KickAss Products USA

This might be the ticket. A bit slow to heat up, but otherwise it is ideal.
:unsure: ... The very low wattage might not be what you want and/or need. It is only 30 watts more than the Easy Bake Oven, which used to use a 100 watt lightbulb :( See:

"Typical power consumption of a toaster oven during use is 1,200 to 1,400 watts. Bake, toast, and keep-warm functions use more power on average than broil- and slow-bake functions. For a 6-slice toaster oven, bake and toast functions consume 900 to 1,400 watts, the keep-warm function consumes 600 to 1,400 watts, the broil function consumes 800 to 1,200 watts, and the slow-bake function consumes approximately 600 watts." is from:

chet6.7

Explorer
Sure does, and they are available in the US under another brand.

12V Battery Powered Portable Travel Oven – KickAss Products USA

This might be the ticket. A bit slow to heat up, but otherwise it is ideal.
Please post if you get it. You may have to make your own to break it in.
8e3f6ee72e4104a2512bbbf3ead8f1c7.png

kiltym

I think we will order one once we are ready for the install. Still waiting for new fridge to install that first. Will use a 15V converter as well based on what I saw and read. The company selling them said they can run at up to 15V with no issues.

kiltym

We ordered the kickass oven. Will post once it is installed.

Also saw Road Chef has a Big Bertha model that is 240w with two elements. Doesn't seem to be available in the US though. It is also a bigger oven.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles