Looking for a good Parka

neliconcept

Spirit Overland
I ended up picking up the Eddie Bauer Superior down Parka today, and tried it out, opened it up and walked out.. and at 36 outside, felt pretty comfortable!

I may get a secondary one for when I plan on doing some arctic driving, but for now I think this would should do me well!!

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Had a few days now with the Columbia, It is awesome. Omni heat with down is crazy warm. Plus, having Omni tech, Columbias own version of Gore tex, makes it a no brainer for us on the east coast. I was out putting garbage in the dumpster, -1 deg celcius, Pouring down rain, mixed with snow, and I was warm and dry. Love GORE-TEX and alternatives. Makes life outside here bearable.

I can't remember the name on my Jacket but its worth every penny.

vwhammer

Adventurer
I have been eyeballing the Duluth Trading Company's Whaleback parka for some time.
http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/...oof-parka-26721.aspx?ev3=recommended_products
I have some of their other stuff and it is durable and does what it says.
They tend to sell out quick and I never think about it in time to get one.
It's water proof, insulated, has tons of pockets and has some zip vents for when things get too toasty.
There may be a couple left on their site but the sizes are pretty limited at this point.

ChadHahn

Adventurer
A few years ago I picked up a parka at Ross. It was something like $50. I can't remember what brand it is because I live in Tucson, AZ and don't have much call to wear a parka, but it was a good name brand. When we were going up to Flagstaff over the winter, it kept me nice and toasty.

Chad

kojackJKU

Ross is like TJ MAxX isn't it? carrys all kinds of brand names? I am sure its a good jacket. I picked up two Outdoor research in our version of those stores called winners. And got it for 23 bucks tax in! score.

kojackJKU

Well after one hell of a winter here, the Columbia Omni heat down parka rocked. It was plenty warm, dry even in the wettest crappy day. It is about 1/4 of the weight of the Canada goose I have because of the Omni heat technology they can make them lighter. I love it. However, its time to pack it away because I want warm weather. I am using my full zip Omni heat fleece unless its raining then its on to my Columbia Omni tech 3 in 1. works for 90 percent of the time here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles