Looking for a good Creeper - recommendations?

JosephElkin

My fella stated in passing he wanted a creeper. After perusing Amazon for a while I have determined I am in over my head.
Please, help. What should I look for in a creeper? I know he likes American made, when possible. He likes good sturdy tools that will not need replacing. He is average fella sized, however, we do have a good friend that will probably use it who is quite size-able, so the weight class we want to look is the "holds up to 300". Price isn't really an issue, we aren't going stupid expensive tho.

quickfarms

Adventurer
This is another option

Jacobm

I like my plastic Harbor Freight creeper, but I'm only 5'7 and 170 pounds so I could see it posing issues for someone bigger than about 5'10.

CampStewart

Observer
https://www.whitesidemfg.com/product/mtlpneup-40-creeper-with-no-matic-rollers/ I have had this one for about 15 years. I really like the large wheels with soft compound tires which tend to roll over a lot of things that other creepers I have owned would get stuck on. I believe it is made in America. Mine was Sears branded and did not cost anywhere near what whiteside is asking. Ill bet that it is sold under other brand names at much more reasonable prices. If browsing for it under different names, the distinctive wheels should be easy to separate it from other creepers.

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
I would suggest a Lisle Jeepers creeper. I've owned two of them over the years and the first one I had got ran over more times then I care to count without a problem!

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Card board and shoulder blades. Never adjusted to creepers. But I'd love one of the laydown over the engine creeper things:

maxresdefault.jpg

1stDeuce

Explorer
I had a nice wood and metal Mac Tools creeper, but it didn't like rolling over even the tiniest pebble, and the steel wheels eventually didn't roll well anyway. I bought a $20 HF creeper last year and I use it all the time when I need to roll under something for a quick peek.

I don't do much working off a creeper, as it just rolls around when I try to push/pull on the wrench or ratchet. (I also prefer cardboard, like Buliwyf.) If he has a taller truck to do engine work on, the over the front thingy above is nothing short of awesome, and he'll love you for getting it. :)

gspfunk

Another vote for the Lisle. It’s held up to my abuse for a couple years now and isn’t sagging or breaking apart like some of the cheaper creepers out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles