looking for a Fjz80 , $8900 for lx450 ?

looking at getting fjz80 or a lx450.. just want to know what prices I should expect. blue book says 5grand for some of these and im seeing 10k for a 97 with 240miles on it:Wow1:.

some of the ones im looking at , would really appreciate your guys help.

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/4519227824.html

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/4502877222.html

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/4541629849.html

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/4555356588.html

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/4518114575.html

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
The last one you posted seems like a good options. >94, <200K mile, lockers.

Make sure lockers work. Make sure the truck has not spent a lot of time on the beach or hunting for stumps in 30" of water out in the Corbit area.

Head gaskets on LC80s, that are now old, are now a costly PM item. While I have not lived in South Fl in a couple decades I'm sure it still gets very hot down there May to Sep. These trucks, the older they get do not like heat. You do not want to blow a HG, doing so has a LOT of secondary ramifications. Make sure water pump and fan, clutch, t-stat are working well. Use Toyo red coolant only. If truck has had HG replaced, and done right, its worth +$2K in value.

Also, if not do already within 150K miles, a full driveline/difs, birf, bearing service will be needed, thats another $2K for someone to do right.

T4R@DNA

Observer
Just Acquired LX450

The last one you posted seems like a good options. >94, <200K mile, lockers.

Make sure lockers work. Make sure the truck has not spent a lot of time on the beach or hunting for stumps in 30" of water out in the Corbit area.

Head gaskets on LC80s, that are now old, are now a costly PM item. While I have not lived in South Fl in a couple decades I'm sure it still gets very hot down there May to Sep. These trucks, the older they get do not like heat. You do not want to blow a HG, doing so has a LOT of secondary ramifications. Make sure water pump and fan, clutch, t-stat are working well. Use Toyo red coolant only. If truck has had HG replaced, and done right, its worth +$2K in value.

Also, if not do already within 150K miles, a full driveline/difs, birf, bearing service will be needed, thats another $2K for someone to do right.

Recent acquired 1997 LX450 for $8, 167k new head gasket and head repaired. Bone Stock.

Attachments

• IMG_2927.jpg
    IMG_2927.jpg
    541.1 KB · Views: 24

T4R@DNA

Observer
Some Mod.

Stripped the chrome and then powder coat the wheel
New 285/75/16 BFG All Terrain.

Attachments

• IMG_2999.jpg
    IMG_2999.jpg
    534.8 KB · Views: 27

r3run33

Adventurer
depends on where you are!!! I found here in north east USA for 8,000 but had rust issues. Honestly if you can find one with good body (no rust and no crash damage) I would get it cause your gonna do lots of work on it to bring it up to date.

MOAK

Adventurer
Folks thought I was a bit fool hearty to pay $11,000 for a 96 450. I was a bit leery of it as well, then started adding up some numbers. 204,000 miles,,, new head at 150, new radiator at 175, (aluminum),,, at 203 the PO dumped another $3,400 into it with a complete tune up, all new rubber under hood and drivelines, front axle rebuild, new cap, rotor, wires, VC gasket, "O" rings, fuel filter, belts, tensioner pulley PCV, thermostat, new leather on front seats, new battery, excellent tires, Slee short bus front bumper, Slee rear bumper with swing out tire carrier, Slee sliders, and NO RUST... We just finished a 7,000 mile roundtrip to the Northwest, and our 80 performed flawlessly We even averaged 14.5 MPG loaded up with all our gear and pulling our trailer.. Am very pleased to say the least..

carlpb

Read up on IH8mud lots of good info, and check slees sight for buyer info. 94 and earlier have different motor and transmission, head caskets are more of a problem on the 95-7, however some have well over 200K with no work, Maintenance records are key here. I would avoid the ones that need work like AC, valve cover gasket etc. since that indicates they do not do easy maintenance let alone routine work. That is unless you wrench and you could get a good deal and fix yourself, could save thousands in labor. The one listed above with all the work and parts is a good deal as described by rubicondon53, those parts add up quick especially if you have no fab skills and stick with bolt on units.

MOAK

Adventurer
Read up on IH8mud lots of good info, and check slees sight for buyer info. 94 and earlier have different motor and transmission, head caskets are more of a problem on the 95-7, however some have well over 200K with no work, Maintenance records are key here. I would avoid the ones that need work like AC, valve cover gasket etc. since that indicates they do not do easy maintenance let alone routine work. That is unless you wrench and you could get a good deal and fix yourself, could save thousands in labor. The one listed above with all the work and parts is a good deal as described by rubicondon53, those parts add up quick especially if you have no fab skills and stick with bolt on units.
Yes,, I do have the skills to wrench, and get a lot of stuff custom fabbed for me. After 25 plus years of wrenching and modifying jeeps for overlanding I knew exactly what we needed, found it and bought it as a nearly turnkey unit. I still drive my wife nuts though as I am constantly improving upon our already nearly perfect platform, and always find something to add before every trip. So far, my best mods to this rig are my homemade rear drawer system and the dual battery system.. cheers !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles