Looking for 5" aux lights

The_Dude

Adventurer
I am looking to supplement my headlights with some driving/fog lights. The goal of these is to be able to leave them on with on coming traffic but also light up the shoulders of the roads that don't get as good of coverage as the should. They don't need to set **** on fire as I drive but need to be decent. I have about $150 dollar budget. Was leaning toward leds due to the minimum amp draw. Any other suggestions?

I have a 20" light bar for when I really need to light stuff up.

These would be mounted low in the
Bumper

35a6994bec1e6e99e3742e26cf50a8b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

verdesardog

Explorer
There are no legal lights to light up the sides of your lane. Even head lights are designed to not illuminate the on coming lane of traffic. That's why they are different for right hand and left hand drive countries.

The_Dude

Adventurer
I don't mean aim them sideways. Just a bit broader pattern up close

4x4junkie

Explorer
I don't mean aim them sideways. Just a bit broader pattern up close

Sounds like what you want is "fog" lights. They have a very wide beam pattern horizontally. Hella has some excellent lights with this pattern. I wouldn't use LEDs though, at least not until manufacturers cool it off some with color temperatures (their bluish light looks too unnatural and creates a lot of glare).

Crikeymike

Adventurer
I wouldn't use LEDs though, at least not until manufacturers cool it off some with color temperatures (their bluish light looks too unnatural and creates a lot of glare).

I agree too. Some companies offer amber clip-on covers to their LED's, and that cuts so much light and puts out a good color to help illuminate. Ideally a standard LED light, but at 50% power would work pretty well I think, not that you can simply cut the power by half...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior