Look what fell into my lap...

Metal Twister

Highly Motivated
Ive been looking for a older truck that I didnt have to invest a ton of money into yet inexpensive enough that I didnt have to make payments on. I already have an older 8' Lance cabover camper that needs wheels.

Long story shortened way up...
I was given an 1980 GMC 3/4 ton Camper Special pickup truck. Reason for free is that it has been sitting under an oak tree for 12 years. Everything is in really good shape with the exception of the rat infested engine compartment. Since I drug it to the shop last month I have re wired the under the hood and freshened up the gas tanks. I actually got it running well and have been driving it around town for a couple of days.

I threw on the camper a few days back so Im ready to go now! Oh and its nice to have the Lance back in usable condition.

Dragging it home...
Copy2ofp_00139.jpg

Before the clean up...
Copyofp_00143.jpg

removing the running boards and a general cleanup...
ebay072.jpg

Current shot of my free rig... Did I mention the Lance was given to me a few years back?
ebay073.jpg

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
WOW nice looking set-up and for FREEEEEEE. Looks like they were made for one another.

greg mgm

Explorer
That is a great looking combo.....like Mike said, made for each other.
I had a 78 GMC for 25 years....great old trucks.
Oh, and free?? Awesome!

Metal Twister

Highly Motivated
Thanks guys...

There is still a lot to do on it to get it where I want it but at least its a good start with out investing anything in the start up. I would like to beef up the front end some how, thinking longer coils. Maybe 1 ton? and I neede some after market wheels. Ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz