Longest lasting E rated 37s?

qmikep

I' looking for for recommendations for e rated 37" tires for a 17" wheel for my 1st gen Cummins. I'm interest in AT's or MT's primary concern is the tread life.

I have heard good thing about the Toyo MT's only thing is they are wider than I'd like. I think the measure closer to 14.50 than 13.50. Best I can tell almost all the E rated 37"s are 13.50 wide now unfortunately.
I would prefer an all terrain but I've seen better reviews on the Toyo MT's regarding tread life that the AT's for what I can tell.

Current tires on the truck are 265/75r16 cooper st pros. The tires have less than 15,000 miles on them and they aren't gonna make it to 30,000. Not very happy with them to say the least.

Any recommendations for long wearing e rated 37's are appreciated, I'm open to all suggestions.

Thanks

comptiger5000

Adventurer
How many miles per year do you put on the truck? What kind of environment do you normally drive it in (as far as on vs off road, hot vs cold, snow or not, etc.)?

qmikep

Varies greatly 10-40k. Daily driver, lots of gravel and and chuck holed out roads in rural norcal. Drive midwest to west coast and south west to northwest usually once or twice a year so highways then. I've got a set of the surplus 16.5 MTR's however I want a decent set of tires so I don't have to worry about a blow out while driving cross country. Again longevity is the upmost concern at the price range. Oh and fwiw I am not interested in going to a larger wheel than 17" .Not a fan of the bro/flatbiller wheels.

Explorerinil

Observer
Not many choices in e rated 37’s for a 17 inch rim... check out falken tires, never heard a bad thing about them. I run d rated 37 inch Toyos and am very happy, next I will run toyo mt’s in 37x13.50 and cut whatever they rub on.

I don't have 37's but I do have 275/75r17 E rated mud dogs by treadwright on my Jeep Wj. I have just over 72,000 miles on them. A mix of highway, lots of mud, rock climbing, rain and plenty of snow. Best tire I have ever owned!

Sent from my WJ

TwinStick

Explorer

This guy has nothing but good things to say about these tires. Made out of the same compound as semi-truck tires, designed to last longer they say. Not sure what sizes they are available in.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
I've been running 35" Toyos on my Power Wagon since new. Started with MTs and then AT-IIs. ATs are quieter and are lasting longer than the MTs, MTs were better in sand and dirt. Noise from MTs was not objectionable, but I could hear them at low speeds. May go to Toyo RTs for the next set, but that is a ways off. Have Toyo AT-IIs on a Tundra, and Nitto Terra Grapplers on a GMC. Nittos are not lasting as long as the Toyos. I am a fan of the Toyos for big trucks. Everything is Load Range E.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz