Long-term Feedback request: Daystar Airbag Cradles

Brick Top

Just thought I would add a bit more info, there appears to be a bootleg supplier of airbag cradles on Amazon. I searched the Daystar part number, and accidentally bought them instead of the Daystar ones. They look very similar, but I would be afraid that the material they are made from might not be the same, and could possibly break or crack while using.

This was the instruction page that came with them.

0F1385Wl.jpg

I have since returned the bootlegs and bought the Daystars, which come in a blister pack and look like a more professional product. Honestly the material felt the same in my hands, but I would rather not risk it.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Just thought I would add a bit more info, there appears to be a bootleg supplier of airbag cradles on Amazon. I searched the Daystar part number, and accidentally bought them instead of the Daystar ones. They look very similar, but I would be afraid that the material they are made from might not be the same, and could possibly break or crack while using.

This was the instruction page that came with them.

0F1385Wl.jpg

I have since returned the bootlegs and bought the Daystars, which come in a blister pack and look like a more professional product. Honestly the material felt the same in my hands, but I would rather not risk it.
WuHan knock offs. Thanks for buying the real deal.

hisege

So I just purchased an Air Lift 88340 LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Air Spring Kit with Internal Jounce Bumper, along with Daystar cradles. I thought that the bags had a cover on the bottom side, that would help protect it from damage when used in a cradle (I realize that they don't warranty their product if used with a cradle). Is it OK to use the bag in the cradle without some sort of protective plate on the bottom of the bag? Here's what the bottom of the air bag looks like..PSX_20210225_124109.jpg

MotoDave

Explorer
So I just purchased an Air Lift 88340 LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Air Spring Kit with Internal Jounce Bumper, along with Daystar cradles. I thought that the bags had a cover on the bottom side, that would help protect it from damage when used in a cradle (I realize that they don't warranty their product if used with a cradle). Is it OK to use the bag in the cradle without some sort of protective plate on the bottom of the bag? Here's what the bottom of the air bag looks like..
I have been running these airbags with the daystar cradles for about 40k miles now. The bags are shiny where the cradle sits, but the same is true for the part that sits in the stock sheet metal cup. I'll try to get a picture this weekend if I find time.

jadmt

ignore button user
I just bought a set of the daystar cradles and was worried about the same as the above poster. seems like it is possible to damage them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles