Long Range Aux Tanks From OZ? (possible group buy)

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Hey Guys

I am trying to get my hands on a 44 Gallon Long Ranger Aux tank that blupaddler (Robb) has. They are only available in OZ and arent shipped to the US that often!

This mod will be fairly involved with a bunch of parts and pieces, but will dramatically increase my driving range!

Here is what i am trying to do:

The OZ 80 series have a cool subtank gauge with an almtimiter which mounts up near the rearview mirror. The gauge reads the level of the NON US subtank but can easily be made to read the 44 Gallon LR Aux tank as well. I am trying to get all these bits and pieces together to get the large Aux tank into my rig for an upcoming trip through Baja!

Pieces Needed For Install:
-OZ Market Subtank Gauge and Altimiter Cluster (JDM Market has a compass in place of the subtank gauge)
-OZ or JDM Market Rearview Mirror
-OZ or JDM Market Visors
-166L Long Ranger Aux Tank
-OEM Sending Unit
-OEM Non US Subtank Dash Switch
-Handbuilt ECM For Sending Units and Gauges

Pieces I have bought and or located:
-OZ Market Subtank Gauge Cluster
-OEM Sending Unit
-OEM Non US Subtank Switch
-Handbuilt ECM For Sending Units and Gauges

Pieces I Still Need:
-166L Tank (hard to get into this country)
-Rear View Mirror
-Visors

Anyone interested in installing one of the 44 Gallon Aux tanks? The price of shipping is the same whether we get 2 or 10. I figure if a few folks are interested, we could save a ton of $ on shipping.

Anyone?

Thanks a bunch
Kevin

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Hey Kevin, are you aware of the deal Seth @ PVC Cruisers has going on right now? Give me a call if you want some details...

Kurt
801-518-3937

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Calling now!

:D

EDIT: NO ANSWER! :D

ANOTHER EDIT: Thanks for the call back, i left a message for Seth and hopefully hear back from him soon!

Thanks Kurt!

Last edited:

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Just got an email back from OZ

It is looking like about $592 US for the tank (166L = 44 Gallons, 10 more then the MAF one) and about $356 for freight. Now, i thought i read somewhere that the freight will be the same whether it is 1 tank or 5 tanks. The more people interested the cheaper it is. I replied back asking if this is how it works and i am currently waiting on their reponse!

The company can provide the extra parts, but due to shipping costs it might be best to source them here.

This is the company: http://www.oot4wd.com.au/=80Series.asp and www.thelongranger.com.au

Interest?

Thanks
Kevin

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Kurt, are they OEM tanks? Anyone know where I can get an OEM tank & dual filler neck, etc?

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
pskhaat said:
Kurt, are they OEM tanks? Anyone know where I can get an OEM tank & dual filler neck, etc?

Seth is importing a couple trucks and has some extra container room... that is the deal I was referring too... :D

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Hey Guys

This looks as if it may happen!

Please email me with your Name, Location, and Email addy if your interested in being on the "Email Info" Group!

Thanks

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
blupaddler said:
Kevin,

BTW, I found the wiring instructions. I will make a bunch of copies.

:D

Thanks a bunch Robb! I eagerly await your install writeup!

Also, here is a sneak peak (crappy picture) of that OEM subtank gauge/altimiter setup that i am installing from an OZ spec 80. I installed it last weekend, super easy, all the holes and nutserts are already there!!!

Click on the thumbnail below to see the full size!

Attachments

• IMG_0348smaller.jpg
    IMG_0348smaller.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 38

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Desertdude said:
Interesting gauge set up - you are obviously not heading to the switch and stock gauge ( ala george)

Nope, well, kinda! I will be transfering the fuel via the stock non US subtank switch, but i wont be using the "Toggle" switch and i wont be tapping into the stock gauge either. The mod i am doing is going to end up being a pain in the ********, but i think it will be cool! And coolness is what counts! :D

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Here are some pics of the dual filler neck that i recieved today

very cool for $150

Attachments

• IMG_0349-dual.jpg
    IMG_0349-dual.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0350-dual.jpg
    IMG_0350-dual.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0351-dual.jpg