Long Island NY to Nova Scotia - Cabot Trail

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014
we are in route of approx a 2000 mile bike road trip. from long island, ny taking orient ferry, to portland maine taking the cat ferry to yarmouth. right now we are in liverpool nova scotia.. nova scotia is spectacular so far and e have only just begun...

here's our spot link.. my tracking was off from CT to ME, must have messed that up.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=05ooZUm2iuTJFaPzUcs26CmaR9cRazTOy

IMG_0021.jpg

a small lighthouse in Liverpool Nova Scotia

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
very cool that you each have your own ride...
Are you setup with helmet to helmet comm?
More details on your thoughts of bike vs truck..
enjoy the trip!

Trail Monkey

very cool that you each have your own ride...
Are you setup with helmet to helmet comm?
More details on your thoughts of bike vs truck..
enjoy the trip!

L

we have bluetooth helmets for phone and ipod. but they only talk together when on the same bike because of bluetooth limited range. im working on a radio system for intercom between bikes..

thought of disabled explorers when i saw this neet rig at peggy's cove area...

IMG_0028.jpg

as far as the question about me thoughts about the bike over the truck. dont get me started.. bikes are very very good overlanding machines. and cheap to ship..!! i think bought are needed.. haha...

Trail Monkey

IMG_0035.jpg

peggy's cove, nova scotia.. super nice area. photo ops everywhere. any idiot with a G10 can do decent here.. im a case in point..

IMG_0069.jpg

Stacey F650GS at Head of Jeddore on the Salmon river..

jcbrandon

Explorer
And you East Coast folks say we westerners have all the fun. Looks like a great trip. More photos, please.

proto

Adventurer
Very cool! Maine and Nova Scotia's long and winding roads are awesome on a motorcycle. And this is the perfect time of year to make the trip, especially if you'll be camping. Excellent choice!

It looks from your SPOT map that you've made most of the drive already. Will you be tooling around Nova Scotia for a bit, or just taking the same route back?

If you have the opportunity, the Maine coast is a great ride. I presume the Yarmouth ferry to Bar Harbor is still in operation (I haven't been back there in years). Mount Dessert Island (Acadia National Park, on the Maine side) is a fantastic spot to camp and hike. Then come south -- there are a hundred bays and coves and islands. You can just cruise along taking in picturesque scenery, working your way down to Pnobscot Bay and the little community at Camden/Rockport.

What a great way to decompress from commuting and hectic city life!

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Very nice James and Stacey. Looks like you two went north of Cabot Trail, did you visit Meat Cove? I love that camp location.. such a scenic view.

Trail Monkey

IMG_0092.jpg

meat cove

IMG_0095.jpg

meat cove food

IMG_0103.jpg

meat cove beach

IMG_0121.jpg

border of cape bretton / nova scotia

IMG_0131.jpg

canso canal, swing bridge with tanker passing thru...

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I really dig the map graphics on the bikes..
looks like a great trip, keep having fun!

Geez, man. You came within 1 mile of our house when you got off the ferry. If you are not pressed for time on the way back we would love to meet up with you before you jump back on the ferry.

Looks like a great trip. I can't wait to have the time and money to head up that way.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz