Lone Peak Overland

Roam.Wild

Wow that means he has raised at least $750,000 that should be enough to get things up and running right away. I hope he can get 150 done in a reasonable time, i'm a little concerned that will be a long delay.

Think it's over $1,000,000! But yeah, that's plenty of $ to get started. I don't think there is going to be a delay, but he did say they can only do about 50 a month; it's not like they are all going to be shipped out on June 1st. The website now says if you order today, shipping will be in August. So, #1-50 will be shipped in June, #51-100 in July, #101-150 in July and so on.

BP89

@Roam.Wild - do you know when we might see some factory parts and improvements to the camper being broadcasted out that have been discussed in the videos? Just curious what the improvements will look like and if there’s another “production model” coming out with the improvements that will be put to the test prior to customer’s campers?
I’m in for one regardless already, but just curious if you knew. Thanks!

Roam.Wild

@Roam.Wild - do you know when we might see some factory parts and improvements to the camper being broadcasted out that have been discussed in the videos? Just curious what the improvements will look like and if there’s another “production model” coming out with the improvements that will be put to the test prior to customer’s campers?
I’m in for one regardless already, but just curious if you knew. Thanks!

Yes, there will be one more production model coming out to showcase all the new improvements and the final production design, as well as some of the accessories that weren't on the prototype (fan/vents/solar).

They are working on the CAD designs now, as well as sourcing some vendors for some of the new accessories. He said that should take about a month, then once they order all the new material, it takes about two months for their supplier to manufacture and ship them to the US, and then only a few hours to assemble it all.

So I assume we will see the final production model sometime in March. I'll reach out to Kyle today to see if that is still the expected time frame or if they have any plans to trickle out info on the improvements. He's pretty transparent, so I bet if we asked, he would let us in on what they are planning as far as improvements go once they have figured everything out in the design/engineering software.

EDIT: Just talked to him and he said: “Hopefully a bit sooner than that. After we get design lock it’ll be determined by the lead time of our extrusion supplier. We’re trying to work with a place out of Utah (instead of overseas) that’ll shrink the lead time considerably.”

Would be awesome to have US sourced extrudes, as that was a HUGE part of the wait time for the campers. I believe he said the extruded aluminum orders from their over seas supplier takes 2 months from order till the time the receive it. Shaving off 2 months would be amazing

Last edited:

Johncmng

Think it's over $1,000,000! But yeah, that's plenty of $ to get started. I don't think there is going to be a delay, but he did say they can only do about 50 a month; it's not like they are all going to be shipped out on June 1st. The website now says if you order today, shipping will be in August. So, #1-50 will be shipped in June, #51-100 in July, #101-150 in July and so on.

That's pretty good for an interest free loan from all of his customer. I would be very wary on depositing 100% of the fund. I had a really bad experience with Four Leaf Clover Fab. To make a long story short, it was a basically a Ponzi Scheme. If a company is well established, why would they want a 100% deposit? They should have the funds to design, build and ship the trailers. If they don't have the funds to do it, then I will be taking my business elsewhere.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
Making my $100.00 Capri Camper top I bought this weekend look pretty good.

Afterall home much can I lose?

$125.00.

Gotta account for the diesel fuel to go git it!

Attachments

• 317285827_5659997327429484_3386107685280155266_n.jpg
    317285827_5659997327429484_3386107685280155266_n.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 317129119_5966232526769087_3399270856874369402_n.jpg
    317129119_5966232526769087_3399270856874369402_n.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 28

BP89

Yes, there will be one more production model coming out to showcase all the new improvements and the final production design, as well as some of the accessories that weren't on the prototype (fan/vents/solar).

They are working on the CAD designs now, as well as sourcing some vendors for some of the new accessories. He said that should take about a month, then once they order all the new material, it takes about two months for their supplier to manufacture and ship them to the US, and then only a few hours to assemble it all.

So I assume we will see the final production model sometime in March. I'll reach out to Kyle today to see if that is still the expected time frame or if they have any plans to trickle out info on the improvements. He's pretty transparent, so I bet if we asked, he would let us in on what they are planning as far as improvements go once they have figured everything out in the design/engineering software.

EDIT: Just talked to him and he said: “Hopefully a bit sooner than that. After we get design lock it’ll be determined by the lead time of our extrusion supplier. We’re trying to work with a place out of Utah (instead of overseas) that’ll shrink the lead time considerably.”

Would be awesome to have US sourced extrudes, as that was a HUGE part of the wait time for the campers. I believe he said the extruded aluminum orders from their over seas supplier takes 2 months from order till the time the receive it. Shaving off 2 months would be amazing
Awesome! Thanks for the additional insight! I really appreciate it. It would be a game changer for some locally sourced materials. I’d wholly support that! Very cool to hear.
I’m really looking forward to seeing this come together!

lonepeakoverland

Hey everyone! Kyle here from Lone Peak. Took me a while to read through the threads here :) For those with concerns about us being a new company, I totally hear you. For those of you that jumped in, thank you so much for your trust; we literally couldn't do this thing without you. I'm trying to avoid bank loans or raising captital to get this thing off the ground. It looks like @Roam.Wild has been answering all of your questions but I'm game to jump in and answer anything lingering. Let me know. Also, I'm going to be posting a bunch to IG about the final design and improvements we're making to everything so make sure to follow along there. I just posted some simulations on our new extrusion design compared to the old one.

Zillon

Hey everyone! Kyle here from Lone Peak. Took me a while to read through the threads here :) For those with concerns about us being a new company, I totally hear you. For those of you that jumped in, thank you so much for your trust; we literally couldn't do this thing without you. I'm trying to avoid bank loans or raising captital to get this thing off the ground. It looks like @Roam.Wild has been answering all of your questions but I'm game to jump in and answer anything lingering. Let me know. Also, I'm going to be posting a bunch to IG about the final design and improvements we're making to everything so make sure to follow along there. I just posted some simulations on our new extrusion design compared to the old one.

Good to see you've made it over here. (y)

Saw the IG video on the extrusion redesign, less deflection and less weight are good things in my book.

Curious to see how the tent and tent support structure gets revised. I know there were concerns with snow/water shedding, and you had mentioned the windows were cut too high to easily unzip them.

dbhost

I have a different consideration for my camper because I'm a heavy man. I just got confirmation from Kyle that the weight capacity for the overcab will absolutely handle me. Now I just need to make my order this thing looks perfect for what I'm trying to doI have a different consideration for my camper because I'm a heavy man. I just got confirmation from Kyle that the weight capacity for the overcab will absolutely handle me. Now I just need to make my order this thing looks perfect for what I'm trying to do.

dbhost

My last question has been answered. Full size truck bed platform is 80x54, so effectively a long full. 4" thick mattress. Hoping I can use a 6" thick memory foam, checking to see. Don't mind rolling up my sleeping bag and pillow to make it work. Basically we all know OEM camper mattresses are garbage. I want something comfortable.

Gotta see what the must haves are to not go to the poor house. Port for heat / air. Not sure how that would work with air, but heat I assume it is sized for a chinese diesel heater. Awesome.
Handles. Not sure I need the ones at the front, but definately need the ones on the back.
Bed ladder. I am planning on a Maxx Fan, but figure I could do my own wiring. Especially since I need some custom stuff for my CPAP anyway... Not sure if the interior wiring is worth it for me or not.

They list something called the tall edition. What is that? If that means they make the clamshell taller for a thicker mattress, I am all over that.

Zillon

My last question has been answered. Full size truck bed platform is 80x54, so effectively a long full. 4" thick mattress. Hoping I can use a 6" thick memory foam, checking to see. Don't mind rolling up my sleeping bag and pillow to make it work. Basically we all know OEM camper mattresses are garbage. I want something comfortable.

Gotta see what the must haves are to not go to the poor house. Port for heat / air. Not sure how that would work with air, but heat I assume it is sized for a chinese diesel heater. Awesome.
Handles. Not sure I need the ones at the front, but definately need the ones on the back.
Bed ladder. I am planning on a Maxx Fan, but figure I could do my own wiring. Especially since I need some custom stuff for my CPAP anyway... Not sure if the interior wiring is worth it for me or not.

They list something called the tall edition. What is that? If that means they make the clamshell taller for a thicker mattress, I am all over that.

Tall edition is for midsize trucks with sharkfin antennas on the roof of the cab (or trucks with roof racks) - it allows for a bit more clearance between the cab and the bottom of the platform over the cab.

Yoda4me

Tall edition is for midsize trucks with sharkfin antennas on the roof of the cab (or trucks with roof racks) - it allows for a bit more clearance between the cab and the bottom of the platform over the cab.
I have a Tacoma with sharkfin, but I am wondering if I really need it.
Also wondering that if I go with the taller version, does that mean I will have more ceiling height in the cabin under the sleeping platform?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke