Lone Peak Overland

TexasSixSeven

Observer
Yes, the rain fly / rear window (and support) is being completely redesigned.

Heck yes! I got the same options + the fan! Welcome to the Waiting Club!

same. Vault with table, fan, vents, ports, lighting, 2 handles, cab window, load bars, and ladder. Pretty much every option but the actual lightbar.

diypunx

Anyone a bit nervous putting the full $5k down and waiting 8 months for a camper. That seems so long like you wouldn't even have any recourse with your credit card company if a problem came up.

I don't think any of the other manufacturers make you pay the full price before it's even built.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
Anyone a bit nervous putting the full $5k down and waiting 8 months for a camper. That seems so long like you wouldn't even have any recourse with your credit card company if a problem came up.

I don't think any of the other manufacturers make you pay the full price before it's even built.

It’s a bit nerve wracking for sure, but IMO it was play money to begin with. If it was money I needed to put food on the table it wouldn’t be happening.

Zillon

A tiny bit. I did check into the chargeback options with my card company just to see, and that limitation is 60 days from the statement date. Hopefully I won't feel the need to exercise a dispute.

But I'm also stuck in a hard place. Everything else is $10k+ in the wedge camper space, and also nearly impossible to get. Even a GFC, once you add in shipping, or driving to Montana, is over $10k for me. Snap is $12k (and I really wanted to support them until they bumped their price from $7k to $11.6k, soon to be $12.2k - it's just out of reach). Alu-cab canopy camper is over $12k before you factor in shipping and install.

I looked into the owner's other venture, Rhino Camera Gear, and he seems to make some innovative top-notch products that garner favorable reviews, so I think I've got some confidence in the company: https://fstoppers.com/originals/rhino-arc-ii-review-best-motion-controller-weve-used-430733

Also, I've been following them on IG and I've been watching his videos on his shakedown testing, finds, faults, and planned improvements, and I like what I've seen and heard so far.

Mcmackoutside

That is nerve wracking. GFC did the same thing in the early days. I was one of the first 50 or so units. $5k up front and over a year wait...

Roam.Wild

Super Pacific did when they first started, as did GFC. We put down $15,000 on our actual camper and waited 9 months for it to be built. It's pretty common in the industry, actually. It's just that GFC has such a short lead time now there is no point in making you pay it upfront because in 5 weeks you'll be paying for it in full anyways.

jmodz

GFC didn’t require a full deposit for a camper in the early days. It was a $500 refundable deposit. I had a build number in the high 40’s (I think #49). They did eventually move to a non-refundable $500 deposit.

Roam.Wild

GFC didn’t require a full deposit for a camper in the early days. It was a $500 refundable deposit. I had a build number in the high 40’s (I think #49). They did eventually move to a non-refundable $500 deposit.

The guy 2 posts above you was order #50 (ish) and said the exact opposite. I've also heard from other people who got the V1 that said they had to pay upfront for it, maybe it was different from person to person?

Not to say that giving a new company $5000+ isn't scary, but it's kind of the norm. Wonder what companies like AT, Skinny Guys, ETC did when they first started.

jmodz

The guy 2 posts above you was order #50 (ish) and said the exact opposite. I've also heard from other people who got the V1 that said they had to pay upfront for it, maybe it was different from person to person?
Yes, I saw that. You piqued my curiosity, so I dived into my communication with GFC back in January of 2018, and I might have an explanation why. My order was #56, and it was a reservation for the XL model for full sized trucks. It seems like they updated their website halfway through my attempt to order and Graeme sent me a new landing page for the XL camper specifically. My deposit was for $575, full price was $5750 at the time. Perhaps orders earlier (or later) then mine required full payment.

Mcmackoutside

Yes, I saw that. You piqued my curiosity, so I dived into my communication with GFC back in January of 2018, and I might have an explanation why. My order was #56, and it was a reservation for the XL model for full sized trucks. It seems like they updated their website halfway through my attempt to order and Graeme sent me a new landing page for the XL camper specifically. My deposit was for $575, full price was $5750 at the time. Perhaps orders earlier (or later) then mine required full payment.

Mine was for a Tacoma and right around the same timing as your XL.

I'd recalled it as being $5k out of pocket for over a year while waiting. After seeing the discussion I went back also...

I put down down that same 10% initially and the remaining 95% within a couple weeks to lock a place in the build queue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles