Lone Peak Overland

BeardedTacoma

I am excited to see what they do and the product they provide. I signed up for the waitlist. I hope I can get them to the Southeast Overland expo in Florida March 3-5th.

Roam.Wild

Also signed up, been watching this one. I have no idea how the heck he is going to make any more selling them for $5,000. But I want one if that's the case! I don't mind putting it together myself for $8,000 less than a SuperPacific!

Hodor

This design looks really great. Additional rear space along with a maneuverable AND lifting bed platform is more than enough to get my money. The price point is fantastic and if Kyle can bring this all together he's going to be a game changer.

I'm curious what aluminum composite is though

Roam.Wild

This design looks really great. Additional rear space along with a maneuverable AND lifting bed platform is more than enough to get my money. The price point is fantastic and if Kyle can bring this all together he's going to be a game changer.

I'm curious what aluminum composite is though

Aluminum, foam, aluminum. It's the big thing in campers right now. Look at Total Composites.

I think his main issue is going to be scaling up. I really want one of these, and think it's a great product. But looking at the demand, I have no idea how he is planning on doing these successfully. He hasn't talked about his production facility, order capacity or distribution channels at all. He is doing this in his garage, from what we have seen on social media so far. What is he going to do if he gets 500 orders when pre-orders open up later this month? I'd like one, just don't want to wait 2 years after ordering to get it. Hopefully, he will be able to make everything in one factory and then drop ship them directly from there.

MR E30

I'll be interested to see where this goes. If he can really pull this off then every other manufacturer will be impacted. The price point is just too juicy.

Vst

Hopefully he can produce them, at this price point he will definitely change the market if he can keep up with demand it will be a great option for sure

Roam.Wild

I'll be interested to see where this goes. If he can really pull this off then every other manufacturer will be impacted. The price point is just too juicy.
Hopefully he can produce them, at this price point he will definitely change the market if he can keep up with demand it will be a great option for sure

His price of $5,000 is for pre-orders only. Will be interesting to see how much it goes up after that. With GFC they do everything in-house, design, manufacture, assemble, and install. LonePeak has a totally different strategy, manufacture, put on a pallet, and ship. Cutting out a lot of the man-hours involved with a canopy camper. I don't think he will cut into GFC's $23,000,000 a year too much though, especially now with their shipping and at-home installation. Competition drives innovation! Always good for us end consumers.

Zillon

Just sold my trailer so I'm watching this launch very intently. Really liking what I see so far via social/YT.

Roam.Wild

Just sold my trailer so I'm watching this launch very intently. Really liking what I see so far via social/YT.

I got to see it in person Sunday. The prototype is solid and the design/engineering is great. I think it sits above GFC and right below SuperPacific. They are making some good adjustments to the production model. They also switched to shipping them 100% built.

Pre-orders will open on the evening of 11/17. 100% paid is required, but fully refundable. They are shooting to start shipping out in late May / early June 2023. The price of $4,999 will only be until 11/26. Then it will go up to $6,000.

I'll be placing my order the moment pre-orders open up! Cant wait!

Zillon

I got to see it in person Sunday. The prototype is solid and the design/engineering is great. I think it sits above GFC and right below SuperPacific. They are making some good adjustments to the production model. They also switched to shipping them 100% built.

Pre-orders will open on the evening of 11/17. 100% paid is required, but fully refundable. They are shooting to start shipping out in late May / early June 2023. The price of $4,999 will only be until 11/26. Then it will go up to $6,000.

I'll be placing my order the moment pre-orders open up! Cant wait!

Glad your impression was favorable, definitely jealous that you were able to see it in person. From the videos I've seen, I'm really liking the small integrated touches, especially the interior lighting and exterior grab handles.

What adjustments did they say are planned for production?

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
Pre-orders will open on the evening of 11/17. 100% paid is required, but fully refundable.

100% of camper cost paid UPFRONT when you order.

Yet Fully Refundable whenever you want???

Ya Right!

Another underfunded and over promising niche camper builder in the making.

Zillon

100% of camper cost paid UPFRONT when you order.

Yet Fully Refundable whenever you want???

Ya Right!

Another underfunded and over promising niche camper builder in the making.

Or, you know... give them a chance?

He's got an actual prototype, shown footage of material inventory, and the demand is clearly there based on every other wedge camper manufacturer fighting months long backlogs of orders.

No need to be such a downer.

Roam.Wild

Glad your impression was favorable, definitely jealous that you were able to see it in person. From the videos I've seen, I'm really liking the small integrated touches, especially the interior lighting and exterior grab handles.

What adjustments did they say are planned for production?

I've talked with Kyle a lot; they know what they're doing over there and are striving to put out a great product. Lots of camper companies out there right now with a subpar product trying to cash in on the canopy camper wave.

The integrated interior lighting is a super nice touch, that's for sure. It's an add on though, like the exterior grab handles and the gear vaults. Some changes are to beef up the side access doors, change the hinges, tent poles and fabric, and different tables for the gear vault. No major changes, just some odds, and ends they realized they could improve on for the final model.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles