"Lola" - WreckDiver1321's 2005 Frontier CC/SB Nismo Build and Adventure Thread

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Already working on knocking some of the stuff of my "preventative maintenance" list. Replacing my primary catalytic converters and O2 sensors within the next week or so.

Should be fun!

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Changed the spark plugs, I think they were factory! The truck idles smoother now and the power delivery has improved. It's made a great difference, at least to me.

While I was at it, I had a compression test done just for giggles. I plan on owning this truck at least to 300k, and I was curious about how the engine internals are holding up. I'm happy to say every cylinder tested to right around 150 PSI, which I am more than pleased with. Going to do the front cats and the O2 sensors soon. Hoping to keep it running it top shape for as long as possible.

JakeH

Adventurer
300k is a great goal & wishing you best of luck! I'm almost to 85k & just switched to synthetic oil, got 1 MPG back...

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
300k is a great goal & wishing you best of luck! I'm almost to 85k & just switched to synthetic oil, got 1 MPG back...

I think 300k is completely doable. Sure, it's a very high mileage number, but the truck has a lot of highway miles and I'm kind of anal about preventative maintenance.

Trikebubble

Adventurer
I'm at 155K miles now, and plan to keep up with maintenance and replacing parts that start to fail, and keep her running for a number of years to come. I change fluids on a regular basis, and had her in fir new plugs and a complete service last year. Been slowly replacing suspension components, will be re-gearing this year, I've added a second aux tranny cooler along with bypassing the oem tranny cooler in the rad.

Sent from the Mountains

Dmski

Adventurer
Honestly 300k is totally attainable with these trucks in my opinion (pending proper maintenance). Even if I don't make it that high, I like the Xterra and frontier platform enough to buy a second truck and swap all my parts over to it when the time comes. Might just be me but it makes me feel better about modifying a truck because I'll just keep the parts for the next one.

Trikebubble

Adventurer
Honestly 300k is totally attainable with these trucks in my opinion (pending proper maintenance). Even if I don't make it that high, I like the Xterra and frontier platform enough to buy a second truck and swap all my parts over to it when the time comes. Might just be me but it makes me feel better about modifying a truck because I'll just keep the parts for the next one.
I am in the same boat. When the day comes I'll be looking at another Xterra, or maybe a Frontier.

Sent from the Mountains

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
I'm at 155K miles now, and plan to keep up with maintenance and replacing parts that start to fail, and keep her running for a number of years to come. I change fluids on a regular basis, and had her in fir new plugs and a complete service last year. Been slowly replacing suspension components, will be re-gearing this year, I've added a second aux tranny cooler along with bypassing the oem tranny cooler in the rad.

Sent from the Mountains

Awesome. If you keep up on preventative maintenance, these trucks seem more or less invincible.

I've actually had that conversation with my wife. Either I'll go over to a new truck once I hit 300K, or I'll buy a low mileage 2017 Frontier and switch most of my stuff over from Lola. Would be a pretty sweet way to do it honestly.

silly nissans dreaming of hitting 300k :p

500k is my goal :D

Haha well knowing how often things go catastrophically bad for you, you'll have all of Frank's bits replaced before too long. :D

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Interesting thing has happened now that I've changed the plugs...

My P0420 and P0430 codes have gone away. I am no longer throwing any codes for the catalytic converters. Which is interesting... I'll drive around on it for a while and see if the light comes back, but if it doesn't I'll skip the cat replacement and move on to other mods/maintenance.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Gotta long ways for Frank..haha only at like 135k.

Igor though is nearing 200k

Yeah I remembered that Igor was high mileage. I didn't realize Frank was that low. Igor does seem to be in great shape for his age though. Those Tacos sure do hold up well. :sombrero: Honestly, with these Japanese trucks, mileage seems almost irrelevant.

Lola is officially the highest mileage vehicle I've ever owned, and yet she's still the best feeling vehicle I've owned.

Last edited:

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Yeah I remembered that Igor was high mileage. I didn't realize Frank was that low. Igor does seem to be in great shape for his age though. Those Tacos sure do hold up well. :sombrero: Honestly, with these Japanese trucks, mileage seems almost irrelevant.

Lola is officially the highest mileage vehicle I've ever owned, and yet she's still the best feeling vehicle I've owned.

Agreed. They like to over build them on the other side of the pond. Love japanese imports.

Lately..idk..but whatever haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior