Logan's gen 2 V8 desert runner build

Loganshero

I also set new motor in place the other day while motor was still complete to see where it would hit. Very tight fit longitudinally. Might have to trim top radiator support. Still had my stock motor mounts in so I couldn't lower it enough to see if my rear sump pan will hit. Going to be very close tho. AC compressor might be a problem with steering box. Stock exhaust manifold has to go. Also gotta do remote oil filter. Been crazy busy so hopefully get after it these next couple weeks

evomaki

Observer
I, for one, am unfortunately of no help with the leak down test. Presumably, your testing would be more accurate with engine on a stand, but every time I've done this air pressure blows the engine over and I actually open a valve. I get leaks all over the place. Any, easy enough way to turn the thing over on the starter for a compression test? Would inspection with a bore scope type instrument give you piece of mind as to what you see at that valve location? I get that you want to know it's good before all that work.

Loganshero

I have intake and exhaust manifolds off so I can see where it's leaking at the valve seats. Only way air will blow motor over is if your not on TDC. Frustrating thing is I'll get a good reading like 5% leakage and then test same cylinder again later and get 87%. They're dirty with burnt carbon deposits so I'm hoping it will work itself out after running for a while. I've decided to try and get it wired up and running on the stand before I do any work on the motor. Was planning on running factory ecu but it has immobilizer so I'm looking into megasquirt. Anyone running these or have any suggestions around immobilizer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94