Locked 1995 Toyota Landcruiser, 181K miles, Wash DC area

MarcFJ60

Adventurer
SOLD!

It's time for me to move on to something a bit "softer" for my growing family and aging body. Don't worry, it will most likely be a 100 series, but might be a GX470 or even something less manly.
CIMG1168.JPG

It is in very good condition, but certainly not perfect. I will try to be as honest as I can and hopefully the pictures will tell most of the story. I've had the car since 2009 and 120K and have records for that period. I am the second owner.

Here are the highlights of the mods and typical maintenance questions:

- OME std height springs were done at 167K. It currently has newer Bilsteins in front and newer Tokicos in the rear.
- It has the OEM lockers and the center diff switch was added.
- 285/75/16 Goodyear Silent Armors were put on at 144K. They have about 50% left. 285 Spare tire (Bridgestone) with 0 miles.
- Knuckles were done at 160K.
- I just installed DBA front rotors and 100 series pads a couple weeks ago.
- Blackstone Labs tested the oil at 160K and it got a clean bill of health. Has had Mobil1 since I've owned it.
- PHH, Starter Contacts and heater hoses were done at 133K.
- It has Depo H4 headlights with the Slee wiring harness.
- Cargo Drawers (homemade). I have the third row seats as well.
- JVC head unit with Pioneer speakers.
- The rear heater lines and PS cooler were replaced with OEM.
- New cats and OEM Muffler and OEM O2 sensors at 133K.
- Variety of other mods (LED domes, cupholders, group 31 battery, Damplifier, etc)
- Everything works.

Known issues:
It has an occasional PO420 code - about once a month. I clear it with the included scangauge and drive on. It has done this even right after the cats and O2 sensors were replaced. It passes emissions fine and I assume this is simply from higher ethanol in the gas.
The paint is in really good shape, but certainly not perfect. There is a small dent in the rear qtr panel where a branch fell on it. (See the pics below).
While the paint and body are in really good shape, there is some rust on the underside. Again, see the pics. Structurally no issues, and I have replaced many of the things that would come up (exhaust, shocks, heater hoses, PS cooler). The only really bad spot is the rear bumper/pintle hook area. Certainly nothing like a Northeast truck, but not like a Southwest truck either.
The spare slowly loses pressure. I believe this is from the wheel getting pitted and not sealing well at the bead. I'm sure some tire dressing would cure it, but I just periodically re-fill it.
The power windows run a bit slow in the dead of winter.

Here's some more pics:
CIMG1162.JPG

CIMG1164.JPG

CIMG1165.JPG

CIMG1167.JPG

CIMG1171.JPG

CIMG1173.JPG

CIMG1177.JPG

CIMG1161.JPG

PM me or post here with questions or picture requests. I may have to put off any transactions for a bit since I haven't even looked at replacement vehicles yet. I'm hoping to sell it here or IH8Mud before dealing with craigslist. I would consider trades (plus cash on my end of course) of stock 2003+ UZJ100s, GX470s, and might consider other newer AWD vehicles.

Last edited:

MarcFJ60

Adventurer
I just put a deposit down on a GX470. More than happy to entertain offers before resorting to Craigslist.

MarcFJ60

Adventurer
I brought the GX470 home today.

New Price is $7000 firm before it goes onto Craigslist this weekend.

bearwoodbrown

i LIKE THE PART WHERE U HAD THE OIL tested first time Ive seen anyone doing this , I used to do that on a big yacht twin ,,12 /92 detroit diesel,, really takes some /alot ?? of the mystery of engine condition Seems like this would be common practice when buying an expedition rig ,, I think I will be looking to get that done in the future U are a very lucky dog to be gettn the gx470 is it a 13 14 or ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz