loc pic and cameras

This isn't exactly a computer or hardware issue Bu tI am thinking of installing a loc pic on my mygig nav unit in my jeep and then adding front and rear cameras to it to aid in technical slow driving/ back up etc Has anyone done this ? what do you thinK What cameras do you reccomend?

ndrenfro

I added the loc pick unit in my 14 JKUR. Install is simple. Plug and play. I got one of the cameras from their website and mounted it on my rear bumper. I haven't installed a front camera yet but that will happen sometime. Overall, I'm very happy with it. Easy to use, works great, camera does a good job and looks good on the screen. And using NAV while in motion is a great side benefit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I have seen it done, and I think im going to do it to mine. I am also trying to figure out how to get an infrared camera mounted to the front of my Jeep fed into my tablet. Would help ALOT with night driving.

RubiChris

Observer
Kojack.....how would you feed it into your tablet? Would you need some type of wifi or bluetooth transmitter?

Pushrod

I have installed the lockpick and have cameras front and rear. The rear camera was ordered from walmart online, $20ish dollars. This I put into the center hub of the spare and routed the cable up to the glove box area where the lockpick module resides. I searched for quite a long time for a camera for the front because I didn't want such a wide angle as the rear with 180 degree view and I wanted the front camera to have more TV lines, the rear only had 530 range. I found the Night Owl at Fry Electronics in the $50 dollar range and it has 700 TV lines and a much higher quality picture. I mounted it on the brush guard of the front bumper and aimed it so that I see the area in front of the front bumper up to where the hood line cuts off vision. I didn't want the infared feature, and actually had a hard time finding one without, as the headlights will provide all necessary light at night. I really wish I could have found a camera with a little wider field of vision but it seems like the trend is super wide angle or very narrow. I think my front camera is in the area of 45 degrees but would be better around 90 degrees as it does restrict to less than the axle width. It does fill in a whole lot more view than just the hood and sky when driving up steep hill crest. Just FYI, most home security cameras work off 12 volts dc and will work with the lockpick, the front camera is a home security camera, I just didn't need the 115/12 volt converter that came with it.

14026659423_9cfb72048c_z.jpg

flashed

I know what you mean about he front view cameras. I finally found some that were inexpensive and use a cdm sensor instead of a cmos Couldn't find any in stock that were for a ccd sensor. The question I have is did you have to have the mygig unit flashed by the dealer . I read that even with a loc pic you still have to have that done. That seems to defeat the purpose of the loc pic. what did you have to do?

Pushrod

No dealer flash required. The MyGig Lockpick is plug and play. It's a very easy install that puts the module in line at the back of the radio. Unplug he wiring harness from the radio, plug in the lockpick harness and the plug the radio harness into the lockpick harness. There isn't much room behind the radio so I have my module down in behind the glove box, enough wiring harness and also easy access to add another camera etc. The hardest part of the whole installation was getting the radio back in the very full compartment without mashing/shorting wires to ground. I have read of others installing Commander back up cameras and going to the dealer to get the camera option turned on but this doesn't give you all of the added features the Lockpick does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior