Load E Tires

GoinBoardin

Observer
I’ve been very pleased with my Falken AT3w. Great in snow. Smooth on the highway, fantastic on gravel. I hate mud so no opinion there.
They're not good. Load right up in mud. I agree with you though, they're working great for me thus far (about 20k miles).

MOguy

Explorer
They're not good. Load right up in mud. I agree with you though, they're working great for me thus far (about 20k miles).

Mine don't laod up worse than any other AT or some MTs. They aren't like the my old Super Swampers but they have been OK in mud for me but I am on a lighter vehicle.

sg1

Adventurer
On your trip to Argentina you will mostly have paved roads very often with huge potholes with sharp edges. If the roads are unpaved, and a few thousand miles are, they have rocks, washed out parts and corrugated. You will hate corrugated once you have explored the Puna. You may encounter mud in the Pantanal and occasionally in the rainy season and snow in the Altiplano. Mud wasn't a problem, nothing our ATs couldn't manage. Your tires should take any abuse and be ok with all sorts of conditions, in other words strong At's with the highest load rating.

Boz

Observer
Toyo M/T. All day every day. Just ordered my 4th or 5th set of 37x13.5r17 for my Ram, I will not run any other tire. They are a seriously tough tire, at least that has been my experience.

Pilotamis

Observer
Toyo M/T. All day every day. Just ordered my 4th or 5th set of 37x13.5r17 for my Ram, I will not run any other tire. They are a seriously tough tire, at least that has been my experience.

I was just checking a set out today.

ExpoMike

I just put a set of Toyo Open Country M/T in 255-85/16 size. Seems like other than price, not many complaints about the Toyo's.

cdthiker

Meandering Idaho
You should look into the Toyo M55. It is a bit of an old school tire. A bit of a cross between the MT and AT. These are a favorite in the shale fields of north utah where the rocks are sharp and the gravel shreds tires. the M55 is often spotted on over loaded oil rig pick ups blasting through potholes at 70 MPH. Known to wear like iron even on the bigger and more powerful modern diesels of today. Well worth the price according to most who have them. I would get this over the MT as it will last you longer and be smoother. And... the Toyo MT is a damn good tire. Just not my cup of tea for long distance.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I ran the M-55s on my ‘98 Cummins dually in 255/86-16. They were toast in 30,000 miles of relatively easy use. I won’t buy them again. The Toyo MTs are a fantastic tire, but very expensive. I put them on my F350 with heavy camper on that drove from Seattle to the Arctic Ocean, and then back down to Patagonia. The tires were swapped over to BFG ATs in Peru.

I’m on my second set of Cooper ST Maxx on my 12,000 lb Ram 3500, and I’m even considering the AT3 XLT for my next set as they are realistically enough tire for my trucks uses. The 285/75-18 size is rated at 4080 lbs per tire at 80 psi. I have both a Land Cruiser (255/85-16 ST Maxx) and a convertible 4Runner (33x10.50-17 BFG MTs) for the off-road stuff.

Explorerinil

Observer
I just got mine mounted on rims, they are very easy to balance, but I got to mention they run really big. They dwarf my 37x12:50 toyos, not only are the 13.50’s a ton heavier, they are allot wider and taller.

Dances with Wolves

aka jk240sx
I'll throw in. Hankook AT/m e rated. 37K and they are solid. Balance well. tread is solid with no chunking. still have more than half of tread left. I'll buy these again

hemifoot

Observer
i had the hankook dynapro's.good tire but they left a flat spot if they sat in the cold for too long and took a while to round out again.also balanced well and were surprisingly quiet too.

Pilotamis

Observer
I ended up deciding on General Grabber ATX. I loved the AT2 and as was mentioned, how much of the world is paved now. The Toyo and Cooper seem like a great tire, but I’m going to stick with what I know. Hopefully the heavy load won’t destroy them.

Boz

Observer
I just got mine mounted on rims, they are very easy to balance, but I got to mention they run really big. They dwarf my 37x12:50 toyos, not only are the 13.50’s a ton heavier, they are allot wider and taller.

Oh man they are heavy that is true, I hate when I need to remove them to do work on the truck haha. Interesting that they are significantly larger than your other Toyo's. The 37x12.5s are R/T's right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles