Load E Tires

Explorerinil

Observer
Oh man they are heavy that is true, I hate when I need to remove them to do work on the truck haha. Interesting that they are significantly larger than your other Toyo's. The 37x12.5s are R/T's right?
Yes they are allot taller, spec wise on the computer they are close, the rt is 36.8 and the mt is 37. Mounted on the rim my 37’s measure 38 inches tall, kinda worried about getting the truck in the garage once they are on.

Current tires are 37x12.50r17 Toyo rt.

D

Deleted member 12023

Another vote for Toyo MT. I had 35s when I drove the Pan Am, not a single flat. We had about 55k on that set before they were completely toast. The nice part about them is that you can air down and still run on the street because of the side wall. We would drive for a days on end at 25psi because of the mixed/washed out pavement and potholes.

Loosegravel

The most durable tire I’ve found is the M55 Toyo. After endless flats with other tires I switched to these several years ago an have not had a flat since. I’m currently running a 3500 Ram single cab (as hard as it was to find it must be one of the rarest trucks in the world). Alaskan NCO camper on a utility bed, 53 gal aux tank in spare well, and dual spares in a swing out rack. 11k total.

Explorerinil

Observer
The most durable tire I’ve found is the M55 Toyo. After endless flats with other tires I switched to these several years ago an have not had a flat since. I’m currently running a 3500 Ram single cab (as hard as it was to find it must be one of the rarest trucks in the world). Alaskan NCO camper on a utility bed, 53 gal aux tank in spare well, and dual spares in a swing out rack. 11k total.
You NEED to post pics of that!

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Max Payload on a 250 is well within any Load Range E tire. Toyo MTs are tough as hell but heavy. People love the RTs and they or the Ridge Grappler will be my next tire. Understand that moving up in load capacity gives you the option to lower tire pressure for the load. Look at the load charts for the tires rated at just over 3500 at 80psi compared to the tires rated at almost 4000 at 65 to see the difference. It can be a 10 or 15 psi difference for the same capacity which significantly increases the ride quality. Getting to the Load Range 128 at 65 psi may require a 36 or 37" tire on an 18" rim however.
Speaking of RT's a friend went to Discount Tire inquiring about purchasing another set. They showed him four 35-12.50-17's and sold them to him for $1260 w/certificates. The prior owner kept them a week and returned them for an AT.
That friend sold his half worn RT's for $500 so the difference was minimal. Good tires. He carries a pretty big Lance with the truck and says the RT's are really solid@ 65psi. They're mounted on 8.5 wide AEV's so it stretches out the bead a bit.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
The most durable tire I’ve found is the M55 Toyo. After endless flats with other tires I switched to these several years ago an have not had a flat since. I’m currently running a 3500 Ram at 11k total.

Make sure you let us know how long they last for you. Mine (on a 12 valve 3500 dually) were worn down to where there was nothing left in the center part of the tread within 15,000 miles. I was around 11,000 lbs as well. What size did you get?

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Pictures please indeed.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Another vote for Toyo MT. I had 35s when I drove the Pan Am, not a single flat. We had about 55k on that set before they were completely toast. The nice part about them is that you can air down and still run on the street because of the side wall. We would drive for a days on end at 25psi because of the mixed/washed out pavement and potholes.
Probably the strongest offroad tire out there but no match for a piece of shrapnel on I-5 south. It penetrated the carcass between the tread voids. I had about 18K on them so I bought two that day to even them out. Expensive day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles