LMTV quad battery bank

ohiobenz

The stock system consists of 4 batteries tied into one 24v bank.
I'm replacing the 24/12v alternator with a 24v one, and the voltage divider with a Bussman equalizer/converter.

I've run a dual battery system with a Smart isolator in my FJ for over 3 years now. This separates the starter from everything else and has saved me from being stranded on several occasions.

I'm looking for input from anyone else running a 24v system.

This is not part of the habitat power, it is strictly for the truck and in the cab accessories. DUALBAT-R1.jpg

ohiobenz

The diagram on the right is directly from the Bussman Equalizer install instructions.
The diagram on the left is from the Smart battery Isolator instructions, except I modified it from 2 single batteries to 2 banks of double batteries for 24v.

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
Might I ask what you are trying to do and what your loads are? I have expensive scars from playing in the 24v/12v world, and with the caveat of free advice being what you paid for it, may be able to help.

N.B. That "equalizer" is expensive and, while I can't be sure, it may have killed one of my batteries wired in series as per that diagram. There are probably better ways to do what you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior