LJ_24 100 series build thread

LJ_24

Adventurer
About to get Slee'd:D

attachment.php

LJ_24

Adventurer
Just some updates!

The ARB is now installed. I decided to wire the turn signals as well. The ARB has a park light and amber turn signal. Decided I want the dual filament effect so I put some amber LED's in the park light housing so I can have amber park light(like the oem turn signal) and have the amber turn signal flash when I turn.

Also installed some bilsteins on the front end, best comfort upgrade to date! They improve handling by a longshot! Wish I did this earlier

Some offroading(pre-bilstein and pre-arb wiring)..not too serious

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

LJ_24

Adventurer
Installed some LED light bars on a "homebrew" $12 mounting system from home depot for my ARB. Converted signals in the ARB to DRL and placed CREE bulbs in it. Also installing LED signals in the ARB this weekend when I do my FJC ARB install

IMG_2752.jpg

IMG_2751.jpg

LJ_24

Adventurer
Curious... why two instead of one longer unit?

Rob, I wanted to be able to run it off of my fog light harness. At 54w, these are comparable to running the 55w HID kit that I had in my oem fog light housings. So same harness, no wiring needed(besides pluggin the light into the socket) then useable on the oem switch

I will be moving up to a 32" soon or maybe even place the 32" on the roof. I will be using it at Oceano this weekend

preview:

IMG_27461.jpg

Last edited:

LJ_24

Adventurer
I will be adding camping lights to the hatch for the 100 series, write up coming soon! Tired of loading up the trailer at night and not having enough light when hitching up or removing the trailer

LJ_24

Adventurer
Camping lights, done! Added two 80 series dome light panels to the rear hatch! Perfect setup with 7.5A inline fuse and hidden wiring for a factory look along with some LED panels in the dome light housings

Should I try red LEDs instead?

attachment.php

attachment.php

rtaylor

Observer
Camping lights, done! Added two 80 series dome light panels to the rear hatch! Perfect setup with 7.5A inline fuse and hidden wiring for a factory look along with some LED panels in the dome light housings

Should I try red LEDs instead?

Nice mod. Install details? Cut and mount in plastic, splice into existing wires or new wirimg with a switch?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94