LJ Sleeping Setups (not RTTs)

OverlandLJ

I want to see pic's of sleeping set ups, preferably in an LJ. I've seen RTT's, I want to see if anyone is inside the Jeep, and how they are doing it.

wild1

Adventurer
Sleepingin an LJ

I have been messing around with a platform and storage unit for my LJ for awhile. I just changed the way I supported the decking and tried it out on a recent trip to Arizona. It worked out very well and I think that a person could use it both for storage and sleeping with out roughing it too much. It only takes a few minutes to set up the bed and it gives you an area similar to many of the smaller roof top tents for sleeping. The storage underneath the deck is huge and I have a big Rubbermaid box that I put on top of the deck that can hold any overflow and can go outside when you want to use the bed. When the bed is set up it is 74 inches on the passenger side and 70 on the drivers. I took a few pictures to give you a general idea of how it looks. Getting in is the toughest part but I'm pushing 60 and the size of a small sumo wrestler and I didn't have any problems going in through the passenger door. Once you are in you can start the engine,reach the heater controls,the radio and the lights from bed. With the new system for the deck supports it only takes 15 minutes to pull pull the seat and put in the platform or take it out. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• jeepcargo 02.jpg
    jeepcargo 02.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 111

Krytos

Adventurer
I've compiled pics from a few threads, some from the Grey Mouser thread that was linked above. I'm also trying to get a sleeping platform done, sans back seat however.

100_3086.jpg100_3087.jpg100_3093.jpgIMG_0200.jpgIMG_0201.jpgIMG_0204.jpgIMG_0270.jpgIMG_0271.jpgIMG_0273.jpgIMG_0274.jpg

Krytos

Adventurer
Here is the second round of pics.

IMG_0280.jpgjeep-camper-2.jpgjeep-camper-3.jpgjeep-camper-4.jpgTop-1bmp.jpgTop-2bmp (1).jpgTop-4.jpg

That should give you a general idea of the platform as well as some ideas.

wild1

Adventurer
That would fit under my deck easily, I usually have a cooler but that looks like an interesting fridge. My deck is at the level of the top of the tub so and I think that it has about 18 inches under it to the floor.

Attachments

• jeepcargo 02.jpg
    jeepcargo 02.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 33

Krytos

Adventurer
I was thinking I could get away with 16 inches, but seeing it in a picture is really helpful. Thanks.

wild1

Adventurer
I had a chance to get a measurement this afternoon, I was a little optimistic, it's right at 16 inches to the bottom of the deck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94