Lizard Skin?

WUzombies

Adventurer
I've been thinking about pulling the carpet of my E-van and laying down the heat and sound mix Lizard Skin for a few reasons. However, I'm concerned about too much heat transfer through the floor. Has anyone gone this route? After a "fun" experience where my 5 year old knocked over a cooler (thus draining it) in a previous vehicle, I like the idea of no water soak-able carpet.

philos

Explorer
I used a spray on bedliner (extreme liner?) on mine for the inside before I laid down my sound dampening materials.
I wouldn't worry about the heat and noise as long as you put something over it; by itself it wouldn't be enough for me to talk to my passengers, or have any sanity if I had to live with the road noise.

Mat Mobile

Adventurer
If ever you consider putting on Lizard Skin, I have a spray gun that I need to sell. Just PM me as I might not follow this thread later on.

I used it on my van and was happy with the result. Please note that you will need to cover it. It's not like bed liner. It has a very "mat" almost fuzzy finish. It's still tough enough to let you use it as is for a little while... But again, not as a final finish.

Close-up view:

Application:

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
search for Hytech coatings
they make the same thing as Lizard Skin but for industrial use and I have put it on 2 vehicles and love it...much cheaper

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles