Livin' Lite Quicksilver series, feedback welcome

Grassland

Yeah Thor killed the brand after corner cutting.
Pre 2017 is your goal if you can find something used.
I wish I had bought their 13' enclosed trailer with tip out bed way back in the day when it existed.

Reactions: TGK

TGK

Yeah Thor killed the brand after corner cutting.
Pre 2017 is your goal if you can find something used.
I wish I had bought their 13' enclosed trailer with tip out bed way back in the day when it existed.
I recall you were exploring an Escape Trailer as an option. Did you ever move forward with that?

Grassland

I recall you were exploring an Escape Trailer as an option. Did you ever move forward with that?
Yes.
We don't have 100k to spend on a base camp trailer.
Escape was the highest quality we could afford that met my wife's minimum for features, and my minimum for construction type and materials.
Our final options list needs to be complete in March for our production slot. Trailer is to be completed May 11th 2021.
Trailer is going to cost around $40k CAD.

I've been keeping eyes out for used Livin Lite units over the years but nothing much comes up within 1000km of my City (I've excluded looking in the USA due to weak currency and the hassle of importing)

Intech RV and Trailmarker were on the list too but layouts/features didn't tick all the boxes

TGK

Yes.
We don't have 100k to spend on a base camp trailer.
Escape was the highest quality we could afford that met my wife's minimum for features, and my minimum for construction type and materials.
Our final options list needs to be complete in March for our production slot. Trailer is to be completed May 11th 2021.
Trailer is going to cost around $40k CAD.

I've been keeping eyes out for used Livin Lite units over the years but nothing much comes up within 1000km of my City (I've excluded looking in the USA due to weak currency and the hassle of importing)

Intech RV and Trailmarker were on the list too but layouts/features didn't tick all the boxes
My wife and I visited the Escape Factory in 2019 and they look like one of the good options out there for the $$. Used ones sell like hot cakes. I've also had interest in the Intech models and Trailmarker. However, no way would I order a trailer without seeing one in person and Trailmarker is close to 3,000 miles away. No presence on the west coast. So that left a flight or drive to New York from Oregon as the only option to see one. Couldn't justify it. Intech has local dealers, so I've been able to see them, including the new 2nd gen Discover. The Discover had some attractive features, but I don't like tipouts. Unfortunately, they don't offer a lift bed in the rear like Trailmarker. One of the things that turned me off about their standard Sol trailer lineup was their combining the gray and black water tanks. Still examining options at this point.

Last edited:

Grassland

My wife and I visited the Escape Factory in 2019 and they look like one of the good options out there for the $$. Used ones sell like hot cakes. I've also had interest in the Intech models and Trailmarker. However, no way would I order a trailer without seeing one in person and Trailmarker is close to 3,000 miles away. No presence on the west coast. So that left a flight or drive to New York from Oregon as the only option to see one. Couldn't justify it. Intech has local dealers, so I've been able to see them, including the new 2nd gen Discover. The Discover had some attractive features, but I don't like tippets. Unfortunately, they don't offer a lift bed in the rear like Trailmarker. One of the things that turned me off about their standard Sol trailer lineup was their combining the gray and black water tanks. Still examining options at this point.

The Mark 2 Discover has a lot of compromise for our use. We don't need or want a toy hauler. Although I kept the Livin Lite you hauler (6.5x15 I think it was) on the look out list but it's GVWR is more than my truck can handle, and again, compromise.

From all the years of searching, what we want doesn't exist and we don't have the money to have built what we want. I also do not have fabrication skills, not time either.

I wish you luck in finding something that works.

Reactions: TGK

jeepstream

Observer
I picked up a used QS 6.1 last week. 2012 for $3K. Pretty much half a full sized pop-up. Perfect for me and GF. Its very well built. Accessorizing is now in full effect!
REDrum, you have a different cabinet set-up inside your Quicksilver 6.0. It looks like somebody replaced the jackknife couch with the cabinets from an 8-series. Do you have more pics and details you can share? I’d like to see what improvements you’ve made, too.

Edit- I found this floor plan from 2010 that shows the cabinets were optional in the 6.0.

055F3145-E6BA-40F6-95C3-10CC411AF44D.jpeg

Last edited:

TomP

Observer
Sadly TGK is right. You can find them on the used market. I found mine there and it was better than new when I got it.

dra2120

So I have a question for those of you in this thread that have owned one of these...How much would the Air Conditioner be in the way for off highway travel. I'm not talking rock crawling and the like, but light off-roading/forest service roads/ Etc.? It looks to stick out past anything else on the trailer, which to me seems like something that will get snagged up off road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior