Little mods/upgrades/additions that make a big difference

bdbecker

Adventurer
I just picked up one of these of the net for $50. It will make a difference for hauling things.
$_35.JPG

Funny... I got the same 40x50 Surco basket a few weeks ago for $40.

Trikebubble

Adventurer
I bought a led floodlight from a local heavy machinery store for $20. Screwed a surplus clamp I found in the garage to it, connected about 12' of wire and a spare plug to it, and there you have my el cheapo portable flood light.

M35A2

Tinkerer
This addition takes up some space for sure, but also gets used weekly. In this picture my handy Universal Tool helped me turn my bed rail in to a brake press for bending a bracket I had to make away from the garage.

Wheel chock, jack extender, jack stand, step stool... so many uses. Everyone who ever asked me what to included in a vehicle tool box ends up including some version of this addition.

IMG_6700.jpg

I give you props for posting this. All too often, the basic (and simple) necessities are forgotten in favor of brand name, logo'd, shrink-wrapped, and color-coordinated kit that seems more for bragging rights than utility.

Good job.

rayra

Expedition Leader
You'd do better to mount that plunger switch back by the hood hinges, on the fender flange, rather than in the front over your headlight. You'll wind up snagging on it there or getting poked in a tender spot by it.
Those switches (used to?) be commonly available in most automotive stores as replacement for the interior dome light door jamb switch used up thru the 80s. In the USA as part of the 'Help!' line of generic fix-it parts.
They were also used as car alarm triggers back then as well.

Kevin108

Explorer
You'd do better to mount that plunger switch back by the hood hinges, on the fender flange, rather than in the front over your headlight. You'll wind up snagging on it there or getting poked in a tender spot by it.
That is a good suggestion and something I should have considered! On the other hand, it's a Toyota with less than 200,000 miles, so all I've had to do to it was change the oil. If I had to do any real work to it, removal only involves one nut and one spade connector.

Coachgeo

Explorer
I0GoPro tripod mounts and mounted one on the back of the Brodit mount. I then used various GoPro adhesive mounts in both vehicles. I can now slide the Brodit mount in the GoPro mount, just like the camera....
thanks for pics of Go Pro mounts..... What/which Brodit mount? Went to a Brodit website and they have ton enough of various things on their site to baffle my simple mind on what you did for your Tablet mount.

Last edited:

KarstenP

Van of Mayhem
The good thing with Brodit is, they have mounts for nearly every device on the market. I used this one to mount the tablet:

main-76.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94