Little black box or equivalent

I've heard many good things about this product - Little Black Box EMS IV

Fancy one or similar for my 1991 200tdi defender 90.

Problem is I can't find them anywhere, emailed the company a few times but no reply. The UK distributors have either gone bust or don't stock anymore.

Anyone know if these are still available or an alternative?

naks

The LBB is not available anymore, the company closed down IIRC.

The other alternative for landys is the Madman EMS, way more expensive, but having had both, I would definitely have the Madman over the LBB.

Look beyond the tacky website: https://www.madman.co.za/product/land-rover-200-tdi/

200-TDI.jpg

EMS3-Defender1.jpg

Last edited:

thebmrust

Are you wanting specific data sets for the model/engine you have? Or just need to access to any data?

I use the app “OBD Fusion” and one of their supported OBD 2 adapters (wifi or Bluetooth) to connect into the OBD port. I use an old iPhone for my Suburban and leave it in the vehicle.

I also don’t know what vehicle models OBD Fusion supports.

naks

Are you wanting specific data sets for the model/engine you have? Or just need to access to any data?

I use the app “OBD Fusion” and one of their supported OBD 2 adapters (wifi or Bluetooth) to connect into the OBD port. I use an old iPhone for my Suburban and leave it in the vehicle.

I also don’t know what vehicle models OBD Fusion supports.
Haha, the 200TDi hails from the Bronze Age, no such thing as an OBD port

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

naks

@thebmrust @naks

tbh I really just wanted the coolant level alarm. The had a nice looking float switch you could put in below the header tank. I’ve got mechanical gauges for the rest.
Yeah, that's pretty much all you need for the 200Tdi.

Surely any DIY float switch could work, hook it up with the ignition and a cheap buzzer/alarm light?

Yeah, that's pretty much all you need for the 200Tdi.

Surely any DIY float switch could work, hook it up with the ignition and a cheap buzzer/alarm light?

yeh I could do - you can also use a Range Rover header cap with the built in float switch. I’ve got a wiring diagram to set it all up. I just can’t be bothered! Really want a nice and easy out of the box unit. Something that looks smart and is more reliable than my average electrical skills.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online