Lithium Jump Packs

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Engel told me my fridge would average 1 ah...but I'm sure it can vary a lot from that depending on ambient temp, how often it is opened, etc.

DorB

Adventurer
Engel told me my fridge would average 1 ah...but I'm sure it can vary a lot from that depending on ambient temp, how often it is opened, etc.

Considering that a fridge works about 1/3 of the time, the average value represent 3-4 ah consumption when working.

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Agreed, I wasn't trying to contradict anybody, just passing along supporting info straight from a manufacturer.

e60ral

2016 4Runner Trail w/KDSS
Jonathan Hanson used a few of these to weld
14391567925_aa1d16c1ff_z.jpg

http://www.exploringoverland.com/overland-tech-travel/2014/4/9/the-micro-start-xp-1.html

Airmapper

Inactive Member
I flattened a Noco GB70 in like an hour trying to charge a drone battery. The charger alerted me after a while the input voltage was out of range and sure enough it was the jump pack. It's internal meter read it gave all it had so I plugged it into the truck to charge.

I think my charge rate was set to 6 amps, it's a 6300mAh 3S battery, so I'm not really surprised, but I was hoping it would have it in it to top off my drone battery, since the jump pack stays in the truck and I can recharge it from the vehicle easily. I have a 18Ah / 20 hour Lead Acid battery I normally use for portable charging, it can top off one drone battery for sure. It's just bigger, heavier, and more difficult to charge on the go.

What I need to do is cut out the middle man and charge from the trucks Odyssey 2150, but I need to rig up some connectors, I've tried 12v cig plug type but keep running into fuse issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles