Lithium Jump Packs

jeep670

Adventurer
I had the Eliminator for 15 years. Never needed it on any of my vehicles but it came handy jumping others. It was always peace of mind having it. But it was bulky and heavy.
So, naturally, I got a microstart. Chose the xp10 cause... well... why not?! Got it in Feb 2015. Charged it and had it in the jeep. Never used it cause it was never needed.
And then...

Last edited:

jeep670

Adventurer
... in December I thought I'd check the xp10 and charge it for the winter. In case it was needed.

Bummer..

17ce2f82a6fde201efa04e2906723f97.jpg

7c8db0d58413f790b94aba1179ddd212.jpg

The inside expanded to the point of unglueing the case.. You can see it was still holding most of the charge.

So.. just an fyi.

RTillery

Bad deal on the XP10 going sour. I just acquired one a few months ago and so far, I'm impressed. I just checked it for the first time in a couple of months and it is still showing full charge.

I've only used it on one occasion. We were up elk hunting and my 86 year old pop whacked a cow up on the side of this hill. While we were getting her out, I saw a pickup sitting down below us and I thought it might be the game warden watching. We got down and loaded up and drove down to the truck and saw it was a couple of old fellows in a stranded Ford Powerstroke with the hood up. I stopped and asked if we could help and he said the diesel wouldn't start and acted like dead batteries. He tried it and it just clicked. I told him I might be able to help and whipped out my XP10 to everybody's amazement. Hooked up the clamps to one of the batteries and the old fellow hit the key. It started right up. I acted pretty smug but everybody was standing there with their mouths open. I'm going to take it to Canada this summer and try it out on a Minn Kota trolling motor.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Whenever I come across his channel, I instantly get into a better mood, and erupt into cynical laughter...

His content is oh-so appropriate. :coffeedrink:

I dont even have his channel saved in any way.

So its a fantastic discovery every time it magically pops up. :)

chet6.7

Explorer
519uj2jrieL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg
I agree with his assessment of the NOCO brand,I bought 2 12V 2-way splitters,nothing will stay plugged in,I also bought a 12V extension cord,it was assembled wrong.

dman93

Adventurer
Reviving an older thread ... After returning from a 5 week trip I'm trying to reduce or at least compact all the crap I carry "just in case". My jumper cables take up a lot of room considering how rarely I need them, so I'm considering a LiPo or LiFe or similar battery pack. AntiGravity seems to have the best rep, so looking for the latest opinions. I don't really need a lot of the extra cables offered in a kit, but the XP1 at 12000mAh plus 200/400A starting current (how does this number relate to CCA?) seems like good value for not much extra size. I have a gas V6 Toyota but could always use some brownie points for starting a friend's Cummins diesel I suppose. Thanks.

craig333

Expedition Leader
Cleaning up a bit the other day and I notice the X1. I haven't given it a thought in well over a year. I figured it would be dead but I hit the switch and it still showed two bars. Still yet to actually use it yet but its charged up again.

Kevin108

Explorer
I bough the Antigravity XP-1 at the beginning of the summer. I've charged it once, used it 4 times to jump other peoples' stuff, and it's still showing a full charge. The pack is fantastic. I just wish the terminal clamps were a little more robust.

Kevin108

Explorer
I am glad these things exist.
But just cant wrap my head around the idea of a cigarette packet size battery has the 'nads to crank my 6 liter diesel.

They're not for bringing mothballed rigs back to life, but if the battery is too low to even honk the horn on your wife's Civic, one of these packs should let it fire right up. It's not the solution to every problem, but it's probably the solution to having listened to the radio too long on the beach or having a weak battery after camping on a mountaintop for a couple days. That's what I bought it for, plus being an LED flashlight and cell phone battery pack.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94