Lithium battery help Shore power question.

dubs chops

Observer
OK electrical gurus (this is my weakest area so I am reaching out for help)

I am wanting to put a lithium battery in the slide in gladiator camper I am building for weight savings. With Shore power I am assuming I will need a lithium shore power converter/charger?

I have two 24v 50watt 5ish amp solar panels and will have them wired into a ppt solar charge controller like this one

do I seem to be on the right path? is there anything I am missing? the plan is to connect the two 50watt panels in parallel and use the ppt to reduce the voltage to 12v and charge the battery.

Lilnuts

You don't need a lithium specific charge controller as long as the controller has adjustable charging parameters. IMHO it's better to have an adjustable charger so you have the flexibility to use any battery you want, or need to.

dubs chops

Observer
this is the charge controller I was going to go with

question is will it be beneficial to run my panels in series vs parallel? the controller says it can handle up to 100 volts so my two panels seriesed should be just under 50. or should I just run them parallel?

dubs chops

Observer
If your physical layout conditions allow it, Higher voltage series is normally more efficient to capture energy.
But suffers more from partial shade, minor array damage, etc.
There is no free lunch..
Thank you. I'll start out that way and see what kind of results I get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles