listing Disco II / OME HD springs/shocks

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
I am so out of my element with this truck stuff. I installed OME HD springs and shocks about 3 weeks ago on my DII. Over the last few days I've noticed my right/rear seems to sag about 3/4" lower than my left/rear. Do i need to swap the springs, add a spacer or just give this another week or two as things settle in?

Thanks for your help.

And yes, I did get the A springs on the drive side and the B springs on the pass side.

nvprospector

Adventurer
Flounder said:
I am so out of my element with this truck stuff. I installed OME HD springs and shocks about 3 weeks ago on my DII. Over the last few days I've noticed my right/rear seems to sag about 3/4" lower than my left/rear. Do i need to swap the springs, add a spacer or just give this another week or two as things settle in?

Thanks for your help.

And yes, I did get the A springs on the drive side and the B springs on the pass side.

3/4" is to much of a settle in just three weeks. My OME HD only settled 1/2" in 2 to 3 months and no more after that.

Did you replace the rubber donuts at the top of the spring tower? It sort of sounds like you have one that went bad, or it might of fell out or remained on the old spring and it was not put back in place. I would also take a look to make sure that the other side is properly seated, you never know. I would also double check to make sure you did not add a front spring to the left/rear. It happens sometimes.

Don't add spacers to level it out. You have a problem somewhere that might be one of the items I listed above. It should/will sit level sit level when corrected.

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
nvprospector said:
3/4" is to much of a settle in just three weeks. My OME HD only settled 1/2" in 2 to 3 months and no more after that.

Did you replace the rubber donuts at the top of the spring tower? It sort of sounds like you have one that went bad, or it might of fell out or remained on the old spring and it was not put back in place. I would also take a look to make sure that the other side is properly seated, you never know. I would also double check to make sure you did not add a front spring to the left/rear. It happens sometimes.

Don't add spacers to level it out. You have a problem somewhere that might be one of the items I listed above. It should/will sit level sit level when corrected.
x2.

As for spacers, only use them to level out your load front to rear, not side to side. Also, did you buy matched or unmatched springs? Where did you buy them from?

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
stevenmd said:
x2.

As for spacers, only use them to level out your load front to rear, not side to side. Also, did you buy matched or unmatched springs? Where did you buy them from?

Turns out I had a low tire....

Just kidding. I did get a bumb spring. After the installation I was really shocked (no pun intended) that my truck sat so level. The one spring just continus to sag over the span of 27 days.

OME is sending a replacement. Very cool. The said it happens. We'll see.

smarks

Flounder said:

Are you dealing directly with ARB USA or through the vendor you purchased them from? Just curious...

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
Flounder said:
Turns out I had a low tire....

Just kidding. I did get a bumb spring. After the installation I was really shocked (no pun intended) that my truck sat so level. The one spring just continus to sag over the span of 27 days.

Very cool when a manufacturer or retailer stand behind their products like that!!!:clapsmile

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94