LineX or bed liner on the Rocker panels of an Astro/Safari?

F451

Observer
I'm also very interested in this and also if anyone has lined the wheel wells (the exterior side) and if so how its holding up. -Eddie

Accrete

Explorer
While not on the Astro platform, our Astro's Big Brother Chevy AWD cargo-van-conversion has Rhinoliner on the rockers/fenders and we luv it. Very robust (it adds about a 1/4" of material over stock paint). We chose to have ours professionally done and it was worth the $$ for us.

accreteChevyAWDcurrent.jpg

Thom

riNR

Observer
Accrete,
Did you have the door sills sprayed too? That seems to be where the cancer starts for us rust belt dwellers. If so, how is it holding up on the sills?

F451

Observer
I stopped into a Line-X installer recently to get a quote to line the inside cargo area and the outside rocker panel area of my new Transit cargo. He recommended going about 3' up the sides of the interior, about $1000. For the two rockers, lining between the front and back wheels only, another $700. He said they would have to do a huge amount of prep work to mask the van for the rockers.

IMG_7407-S.jpg

I'm thinking I will skip this all together for now and spend my precious funds on other necessities like an LSD, larger tires, cargo mat, interior wall panels, etc.

another_mike

Adventurer
I stopped into a Line-X installer recently to get a quote to line the inside cargo area and the outside rocker panel area of my new Transit cargo. He recommended going about 3' up the sides of the interior, about $1000. For the two rockers, lining between the front and back wheels only, another $700. He said they would have to do a huge amount of prep work to mask the van for the rockers. .
Which is exactly why Im considering doing something like the Raptor liner myself

Raul

Adventurer
I just painted my whole Rig Runner, e350 extended, with rolled monstaliner. To do just the rockers it will cost you less than $200. Prep work is important, but you should be able to do this in one afternoon..
I am impressed with the results. Not "concourse d'elegance " material, but functional and in line with my objectives.

F451

Observer
I just painted my whole Rig Runner, e350 extended, with rolled monstaliner. To do just the rockers it will cost you less than $200. Prep work is important, but you should be able to do this in one afternoon..
I am impressed with the results. Not "concourse d'elegance " material, but functional and in line with my objectives.

Thanks, good to know. I am considering doing the rockers myself.

Silverhorse

Adventurer
I have used Raptor liner in the past but it didnt cover well. I will use Monstaliner in the future as many of the Landcruiser guys use it and really like it.... many color options also...

wagex

Adventurer
I have used Raptor liner in the past but it didnt cover well. I will use Monstaliner in the future as many of the Landcruiser guys use it and really like it.... many color options also...

monstalina is good stuff i used it on my tornado shelter that sits in the sun after 3 years looks like the day i coated it. if you have an account on the jeep forums they give a discount too, or atleast they used to.

another_mike

Adventurer

Ive never used it, and am contemplating using it, so im curious... do you think it required more coats than you used?

Silverhorse

Adventurer
if you mean the raptor? I ended up buying 3 kits to cover the inside of an old bronco 66-77(small bronco) it just doesnt cover well. one kit should have done the trick on a better product. so in the end i didnt save any money going with Raptor... just my 2 Cents..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles