Line X bedliner to seal Alaskan Camper?

Darwin

Explorer
I have thought about purchasing an Alaskan Camper, one of the drawbacks is the typical old school wood/siding/sealant method of construction. I wish they would try to be a little more innovative or use at least wood boat building techniques but I don't see that happening. One method about how to mitigate some of the deficiencies and protect against water intrusion and rot would be to use something like Line x spray the whole camper in it.
I know Line X has been used on RV roofs and I haven't seen any complaints about it. From what I understand the Line X is fairly flexible.

I also found this product that looks like it would work too, they guarantee the roof for life.
https://rvroof.com/

Thoughts? Opinions?

Expedition Lab

I have thought about purchasing an Alaskan Camper, one of the drawbacks is the typical old school wood/siding/sealant method of construction. I wish they would try to be a little more innovative or use at least wood boat building techniques but I don't see that happening. One method about how to mitigate some of the deficiencies and protect against water intrusion and rot would be to use something like Line x spray the whole camper in it.
I know Line X has been used on RV roofs and I haven't seen any complaints about it. From what I understand the Line X is fairly flexible.

you can use a product called raptorliner , you can custom match colors and its also diy!!

robert

Expedition Leader
The Alaskans are already really heavy IIRC, bed liner is only going to add to that. There have been people that used it on teardrops and self built campers though; there are some examples on the tiny trailers site.

Jaraxx

I used a product called Vortex ten years ago on a small camper - essentially a plywood box with a flip top. It's set outside every day, and does not leak. It is kinda heavy, but not heavy enough to keep you from using it if you want waterproof (and disaster resistant).

Grump E-Vet

@Darwin As long as you went with something like XS-100 or XS-210, the key will be to have a really, really good surface prep. I would highly suggest having one of their locations\vendors do it because the stuff will kind of wreck regular sprayers.

TernOverland

Supporting Sponsor Ternoverland.com
Monstaliner makes a very forgiving product that rolls on easily. Rolling might be a better bet for sealing. It would work into defects better. They sell a two part epoxy primer that would be my first step. https://www.monstaliner.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles