Like A Moth To The Flame- My New LR3

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
Hi

No doubt about that Discovery is a better towing vehicle than a JKU:) The Discovery have bigger engine, better brakes, weigh more, lower center of gravity, I also think it has a wider stance and it have permanent 4x4.

The wrangler from 2007 to 2010 that had that high towing have been discussed and some belive that the translated the american towing 3500-3700 lb straight to kg, so it got 3500kg at thoose years, and that is probably a fault and is probably not safe.

On new Wranglers they have a slightly higher towing on the export wranglers compared to US wranglers and that could be because US wranglers gets smaller disc brakes, that I find stupid.

Good luck with your great looking LR3

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I know.
You know what they say: Happy wife=happy life
And owning an airstream has been a life-long dream.

D

mpinco

Expedition Leader
I know.
You know what they say: Happy wife=happy life
And owning an airstream has been a life-long dream.

D

The mistake EVERY one of my friends made who bought TT / 5th wheels is to go with a large camper. They became asphalt queens, never to experience camping. My kids thank us for real camping (tents/pop-up/small TT) that allowed us to dry camp outside the glampers.

Status of the large TT/5th wheels?

For sale

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
We've given our kids the remote, rough tent to off road trailer experience and they have loved it, but as we are growing older, we want to experience something different and have less set up and tear down. My grandparents took me all over the US in an airstream when I was growing up. Nothing compares to those memories. If I use it 4 weeks a year, it is worth the price of admission!

D

mpinco

Expedition Leader
We've given our kids the remote, rough tent to off road trailer experience and they have loved it, but as we are growing older, we want to experience something different and have less set up and tear down. My grandparents took me all over the US in an airstream when I was growing up. Nothing compares to those memories. If I use it 4 weeks a year, it is worth the price of admission!

D

Well enjoy! Looks like you're going to need that F250 for a 7000 lb Airstream. :)

spikemd

Explorer
Quite a change in venue, but you change trucks regularly. Good luck with the sale.

I need to go back and read how you mounted up your 50 inch light. I have a light bar on my Range Rover and want one on the LR3. They are incredibly bright.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Ive been in this truck for 3 years- the longest of any sans my 1st Range Rover Classic (man I miss that truck), and would keep it to pull the airstream, but it presents a risk that despite my love for the truck, that I can't put my family in.

It is going to a great Expo Member (sold already) and fellow enthusiast, and I am happy about that.

D

JackW

Explorer
Sorry to see you get rid of your LR3 and the Conqueror - it's a great truck. Airstreams are cool - did you get the 25 or 27 foot model?
My sister had a 27 0r 28 foot Airstream - she says she wishes they'd had a 25 foot size since once you get over 25 feet they get a bit more hard to maneuver.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Went with the 25' Eddie Bauer edition. All outdoor oriented with rear "garage" door for loading gear like kayaks, etc.
I'll start a thread soon.

D

sseaman

Adventurer
Wished I would have seen earlier that you were selling. Looking to make the move for the Jeep to LR3/4, enjoy the airstream adventure.

WheresGeorgeadv

Went with the 25' Eddie Bauer edition. All outdoor oriented with rear "garage" door for loading gear like kayaks, etc.
I'll start a thread soon.

D

WHAT? I just read 20 pages to find out you sold out on the LR3 :Wow1:

That was a beautiful truck. I'm new to this forum, just started exploring an adventure vehicle, been riding my motorcycle all over but now want to do it with 4 wheels too.
I'm in love with the LR3 and will be looking to buy one later this year. For now the research continues :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke