Lightning Flippers Beware! Ford May Not Let You Re-Sell Your Truck!

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Someone should be able to sell their private property. No one has to buy from a flipper, some make that choice, that is their business not Ford's.
Well you know the terms of the sale when you buy it- seems fair enough. I’ve bought a few boats under terms that requires me to keep them for 2 years before I sell them- had to sign the documents so no problem I followed the deal.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I have no problem with Fords take on this in the current climate of limited inventory. Dealers need to follow the rules as well though. Look what Toyota dealers are doing on the new Tundra. They buy anything used and Jack the price which helps them sell the new ones for 15 over sticker
Must be a regional thing? I was able to wheel and deal on an incoming one this past January?

Explorerinil

Observer
Ford Dealers are the ones they need to stop FIRST from huge over sticker profits.

Ford needs to first worry about their own "Partners" BEFORE they start screwing their customers!
The days of the dealerships are ending, Ford is working on going to a direct sales model which will end or reduce rebates and put more money back to ford. You don’t need a large dealership with sales idiots running around acting stupid to sell cars, more people shop on the internet now. For the lightning, if you buy one ford is having you sign a contract stating you won’t resell it within a year. If you don’t like that or agree with it, you have an option, don’t buy one.

mannytranny

Observer
Its high time we retire the model of dealerships. 95% of them are nothing but crooks from the sales to the service to the finance department. They just happened to be lucky enough to get the franchise agreement years ago and have had a sort of monopoly since. Boooo!

NorthwestDriver

Considering I ordered my lighting on 5/19/21 during the reveal and haven’t been contacted for final ordering, I support this rule. It’s frustrating for someone to buy one to flip when I’ve been waiting longer and want to buy one to keep for 15 years.

180out

Considering I ordered my lighting on 5/19/21 during the reveal and haven’t been contacted for final ordering, I support this rule. It’s frustrating for someone to buy one to flip when I’ve been waiting longer and want to buy one to keep for 15 years.
Same here in CA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles