Lighting help please! $600 budget, what should I get?

MattScott

Approved Vendor
So far, I'm happy with my Rigid Industries 20" SR2 light bar. It's the spot/flood combo.

Consider the health of your cooling system as well, putting giant lights in front of the grill and blocking air flow can be a bad thing.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
So far, I'm happy with my Rigid Industries 20" SR2 light bar. It's the spot/flood combo.

Consider the health of your cooling system as well, putting giant lights in front of the grill and blocking air flow can be a bad thing.
If you're going 1.5 mph up a hill in 4-low, I don't think that airflow would be impacted much by a set of lights...
Also fairly a moot point at speed.

I'm pretty sure that modern cooling systems aren't as dependent on the holes in grill for cooling as they were in the past. Lots of vehicles these days don't even have a grill at all anymore.

MattScott

Approved Vendor
If you're going 1.5 mph up a hill in 4-low, I don't think that airflow would be impacted much by a set of lights...
Also fairly a moot point at speed.

I'm pretty sure that modern cooling systems aren't as dependent on the holes in grill for cooling as they were in the past. Lots of vehicles these days don't even have a grill at all anymore.

I've driven vehicles that have had issues with poor airflow when it is (really) hot out. One was "modern" was one not. Since then, I've always kept track of what I'm putting in front of the airflow.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I've driven vehicles that have had issues with poor airflow when it is (really) hot out. One was "modern" was one not. Since then, I've always kept track of what I'm putting in front of the airflow.
Yeah, depends on the vehicle.

There are other things I'd worry about on the JK first...

JeepinJon

Observer
I have run LED lights in the past, and it is one of those things where you need get what you pay for. The only ones I continue to run are Baja Designs LED lights, and I am in the process of switching my Stealth LED bars to ONX LED bars. In the process I am also shrinking the lights (20" bar is now 15", 10" bar is now 8") so it isn't that I needed more lumens, but more the extra distance is what I was looking to get. Even with the Stealth bars I am able to see probably 300 yards down the road.

Luckychase5

Adventurer
Thanks Jon! The 20" stealth bar looks really good to me. Still might be looking at the the LaPaz lights but the output if those LED's also looks great and the reviews are also killer. Want to sell me your 30" when you switch?

JeepinJon

Observer
Thanks Jon! The 20" stealth bar looks really good to me. Still might be looking at the the LaPaz lights but the output if those LED's also looks great and the reviews are also killer. Want to sell me your 30" when you switch?

It is only a 20" bar. It is back at Baja Designs getting rebuilt and converted to the new Moisture Block cord (all I needed to do was pay shipping). Once I get my bars back I will put them up for sale.

Luckychase5

Adventurer
It is only a 20" bar. It is back at Baja Designs getting rebuilt and converted to the new Moisture Block cord (all I needed to do was pay shipping). Once I get my bars back I will put them up for sale.

Well when you do PM me if you think of it, I'd be seriously interested

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94