Light bracket wanted.

hovenator

Explorer
I am looking for bar clamp on style light brackets. Anyone have any ideas or info on where I can find some, that would be great. I want to mount lights to my new brush/grille guard. Unfortunately the factory one for the Titan comes without light mounting tabs.

The first 2 pics are what the brush/ grille guard look like and the 3rd pic is kind of what I want to accomplish.

Attachments

• army titan 6.jpg
    army titan 6.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 192
  • candian miner1.JPG
    candian miner1.JPG
    220.7 KB · Views: 155
  • canadian miner3.jpg
    canadian miner3.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 151

hovenator

Explorer
Those are really sweet. Just a bit more than I was looking to spend. 4 light tabs = $200. Too much $ just to mount some lights.
Thanks.

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
I have been looking at using pipe leak repair clamps

4010872.jpg

paint them , use a strip of rubber between the tube and clamp for gip.

slosurfer

Adventurer
Those are really sweet. Just a bit more than I was looking to spend. 4 light tabs = $200. Too much $ just to mount some lights.
Thanks.

Yeah, I agree. I try to live vicariously through other people, that's why I posted them. :coffeedrink:

Maximus Ram, good idea on those clamps. I'm going to check them out next time I'm at the hardware store. I'm looking for something like that, for mounting a safety whip when I'm at the dunes or on desert runs.:ylsmoke:

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
If drilling & tapping are within your range try searching mcmaster.com & reidtool.com for "Split Collar Clamp" or "Shaft Collar" They look a LOT like the Fourtreks product.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
If drilling & tapping are within your range try searching mcmaster.com & reidtool.com for "Split Collar Clamp" or "Shaft Collar" They look a LOT like the Fourtreks product.

I was going to suggest something like that. We use them at work at lot, and weld things right onto them as well.

hovenator

Explorer
The hinged shaft collars look like they would work perfectly. I also found these on the web at Morris 4x4 Center for $15.99 ea. Roughly the same thing.

Attachments

• light_mount_bracket_jeep.jpg
    light_mount_bracket_jeep.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 80

hovenator

Explorer
The only problem with weld on tabs is my grille guard is made of aluminum (which I can't weld). I am looking for a clamp/tab that will fit 1 1/4 inch tubing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles