Light bar mount / roof rack

kdj

Observer
Worked this up couple of weeks ago pretty happy how it turned out . 40" ebay light bar put a ton of light down the trail.
IMG_0205.jpg IMG_0204.jpg

kdj

Observer
I built the rack after looking through the homemade rack posts. So sorry no links, but lots of ideas in the general vehicle mods section. It was an easy way to get something that was bit different yet still fit the stock bars. Probably only got $85 materials and 8 hours in it.

DONT_TREAD

Observer
I built the rack after looking through the homemade rack posts. So sorry no links, but lots of ideas in the general vehicle mods section. It was an easy way to get something that was bit different yet still fit the stock bars. Probably only got $85 materials and 8 hours in it.

oh right on man. sick montero :)

kdj

Observer
Pretty simple the rack is the same width as rails. I have a vertical flange that goes down the inside of rail to locate it side to side. Just used four 5/16 riv-nuts in the rail to bolt it together. I feel it's plenty strong. I've had my rocket box full of gear on it for a trip down to Red River gorge. I'll get you some pic's soon.

Sabre

Overlanding Nurse
I've thought about putting lights there. Does having it that far back keep the light from spilling onto the hood? I assume you slide the shade closed on the sunroof to keep it out of the cabin.

kdj

Observer
Monty01, here's pics of mounts hope they help. Sabre, having the lights back shield the hood very well. But mostly I just liked the way the position looked. Last shot is my latest project, sliders.
IMG_0298.JPGIMG_0300.jpgIMG_0301.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles