Lifting Rods for RRS

soflorovers

Just added the SYA kit and rods to my 2006 RRS now looking for tires. Have the Terrafirma 8x18 wheels. Like to put BFG’s AT KO2 33x12.5x18 will I need wheel spacers? Live in the northwest could be muddy will these tires be suitable?
I had to run them on the LR3 with 35/13/18 to clear the upper suspension components, otherwise the backside of the tire would rub.

btkummerer

Good info and thanks again. To start, I believe I will be going with a 32" tire on 18" steel rims so the rods should be an easy way to test that setup. If I get to a point where I feel like I need more clearance, or I'm absolutely destroying my rig, I can move to the GAP Tool/SYA/Rods mix. Most of my driving will be through dirt trails, plowed fields, and light stream crossings, so I am not to worried about really high clearance at the moment.

Who knows what the future brings, though. Thanks to everyone for your input!

bk

btkummerer

Just added the SYA kit and rods to my 2006 RRS now looking for tires. Have the Terrafirma 8x18 wheels. Like to put BFG’s AT KO2 33x12.5x18 will I need wheel spacers? Live in the northwest could be muddy will these tires be suitable?
I was told by Lucky8 that their 18" rims would not require spacers as they clear the brake calipers. Not sure of the TF but Im interested to see what everyone says.

soflorovers

I was told by Lucky8 that their 18" rims would not require spacers as they clear the brake calipers. Not sure of the TF but Im interested to see what everyone says.
The problem with his particular situation that would mandate the use of a spacer is not the Terrafirma wheel, but rather the width of the tire he wants to run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles