Lifting M101 CAN

I have an M101 and I’m looking to lift it a bit. If I do the LOA modification then it will sit too high. I just need to gain 2”. Does anyone know what shackles to use to lift it by swapping just the shackles out? Or what other options might I have that I’m not thinking about?

a872ce0f791f16da0f2f3dc00c946214.jpg

Hoghead

Observer
To have a 2" shackle lift, the shackle would have to be 4" longer than factory. It might look a little funny. On the older m416, they take older cj2-cj3 front springs. Just find out what jeep springs it takes, and buying new 2.5 lift springs would be an option.

RedM101A2

Looks like the spring mounts front and rear bolt to the spring risers. Could you put a 2" spacer between with longer bolts?
As said above a longer shackle only gives 1/2 lift increase per inch, also looks terrible as it does not allow the wheel to center in the fender.

Looks like the spring mounts front and rear bolt to the spring risers. Could you put a 2" spacer between with longer bolts?
As said above a longer shackle only gives 1/2 lift increase per inch, also looks terrible as it does not allow the wheel to center in the fender.

Yeah a spacer could be an option and easy enough to fab up. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier