Lifting a Quigley Chevy Bus

Sixinarow

Adventurer
Are Chevy 4500s with a Quigley 4x4 conversion able to be lifted?

The one I found is a Turtletop with the 6.6 Duramax. I don't know much about Chevy IFS and lifts.

Last edited:

Oldcarnut

Adventurer
Ford vans are easy to lift Quigley or not. Look to U-Joint or google for answers.
As for Chevys, not sure but I believe they have been lifted too. Again, google.
I have an '02 E450 short bus with U-Joint 6 inch lift and 4X4 conversion. Was 4X2 when I purchased it.

Sixinarow

Adventurer
Ford vans are easy to lift Quigley or not. Look to U-Joint or google for answers.
As for Chevys, not sure but I believe they have been lifted too. Again, google.
I have an '02 E450 short bus with U-Joint 6 inch lift and 4X4 conversion. Was 4X2 when I purchased it.

Thanks. I realized I put E450 in my OP. I meant 4500. I edited it.

whith

What year is it? I used reindexed torsion keys for the front of mine and rear blocks can be had from Weldtec as has been mentioned or directly from Quigley. Turned out the keys that fit were from the latest model Hummer H2. Quigley will provide GM part numbers if you give them the VIN. I achieved about 3 inches of lift and am running 285x70x17 tires.

Should be mentioned mine is a 3500 so again check with Quigley for GM parts but I’d bet the same approach would work.

Sixinarow

Adventurer
Weldtec in San Diego has Chevy Van lift kits that work with the Quigley 4x4

Thanks. I sent an website message to Weldtec.

What year is it? I used reindexed torsion keys for the front of mine and rear blocks can be had from Weldtec as has been mentioned or directly from Quigley. Turned out the keys that fit were from the latest model Hummer H2. Quigley will provide GM part numbers if you give them the VIN. I achieved about 3 inches of lift and am running 285x70x17 tires.

Should be mentioned mine is a 3500 so again check with Quigley for GM parts but I’d bet the same approach would work.

Interesting about the torsion keys. Thanks. I did email Quigley. They said they don't support anything older than 2013. The bus is a 2012.

whith

Hmmm, they can't even supply the build sheet? They may not have parts for it still, but they could, I think, provide you with the build sheet so you could get part numbers and then decide what you needed to order from other places.

Sixinarow

Adventurer
Hmmm, they can't even supply the build sheet? They may not have parts for it still, but they could, I think, provide you with the build sheet so you could get part numbers and then decide what you needed to order from other places.

I didn't ask about that. I will. I don't have the vehicle. Just one I was interested in.

whith

I’m pretty confident you could get 2-3 inches of lift out of it easily and then run bigger tires adding a little more. Something more than that will involve new drop down brackets etc from Weldtec.

b. rock

Quigley's website shows that you can get their 'LIFS' system and add it retroactively - would think they'd support vehicles older than 2013? I was under the impression that was just their cutoff for new installs.

whith

You can add it retroactively but you have to take it to them to do the work. I asked about it before going to route I went. I’ve ad two Quigleys, both Ford and Chevy, and their customer service was always great. They had all the info on my ‘05 Ford I sold a few years ago so I bet they at least have the records for a ‘12.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles