Lifting A Cargo Trailer?

CaptainBuilt

Hey guys,

I wanna buy a 5x8 motorcycle trailer with rear ramp. I would like to lift it, probably just by doing an axle flip.

Do I need to add shocks? How do I add shocks?

Bigger tire / wheel options?

Here is the trailer I want:

wqOyhPLh.jpg

Pulled with this:

pF0Ez6Th.jpg

I won't be offroading with the trailer. Just don't want it to be so low to the ground. One reason is, my driveway is so steep going up from the street, it will drag. The second, I want it to somewhat match the height of the van. It doesn't have to be the exact same height, just higher than stock.

billiebob

just flip it and be done. I've done it 5 times, never seen shocks on a cheap cargo trailer. It's not rocket science.

DSCN1000.jpg

Last edited:

CaptainBuilt

Thanks guys. I'll look into it when I call and order it. I think I can get it with springs instead of a torsion axle too.

another_mike

Adventurer
I changed my 6x10 enclosed trailer from axle over spring to spring over axle by welding new perches on the other side. Perches and ubolts were like $50 and gave me a 5” lift.

grantfurness

I’m going to to install this on mine. Will get rid of the 4” drop and there won’t be an axle tube to get hung up. https://timbren.com/axle-less/
The problem with just flipping the axle over is if you regularly load it to it’s capacity you can bend the axle because they have a camber to them, and when you flip it the camber is upside down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles