Lifted MKV Golf

Gcraft

love it! i have a mkv and am seriously considering these mods. It would be no question if i could get a tested bolt on lift kit.

Last edited:

E.Roy

Aspiring Explorer
I think it was executed quite well. I have a mk4 Jetta, and I purchased some Moog replacement springs for the front, supposedly for the VR6 cars, that are stiffer rate and should lift the front end up. Gcraft you could search around for a heavier rate spring or just make spacers. There is a thread on TDIclub.com about the moog springs in the mk4 cars

Lajning

Observer
Lifted "stock" cars have some kind of Mad Max feel to them, I like it alot. I really like the ExpoRally look. JRally's Celica is one of the cooles builds on this site, no offence to all of the other great builders ;)

Jrally

Adventurer
Thanks for the compliment. It has been a ton of fun building it and driving it all over is even more fun!

mldouthi

love it! i have a mkv and am seriously considering these mods. It would be no question if i could get a tested bolt on lift kit.

Ill sell you a lift kit. :)

This is my rabbit and I have around 20K on it now I have most of the bugs worked out now.

mldouthi

No plans for AWD then? I got excited seeing the mis-info from PVW, then read the links...

If I could afford the parts. It would be around $4000 in parts. I would need a transmission, r32 gas tank, r32 rear subframe with all the suspension components, a haldex and haldex controller.

I am working on a supercharger for it now, which should be done soon. The car without awd gets me where I need to go so it isnt a big priority. Washed out fire roads is about as rough as the car sees.

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
Very cool, I love it. But then again, I'm biased, I have a lifted SX4, so obviously I like the look.

The rumours of an AWD TDI would just be awesome.

Stroverlander

Adventurer
Ill sell you a lift kit. :)

This is my rabbit and I have around 20K on it now I have most of the bugs worked out now.

Nice build man, and glad to see you're on here. Your build was almost enough to pull me back over there to register just to complement you so probably saved me from a few vortex member induced headaches, lol. Your Rabbit is a shining star in a cookie cutter galaxy (vortex, not here lol), congratulations and keep it up.

Last edited:

mldouthi

Thanks guys.

Nice build man, and glad to see you're on here. Your build was almost enough to pull me back over there to register just to complement you so probably saved me from a few vortex member induced headaches, lol. Your Rabbit is a shining star in a cookie cutter galaxy, congratulations and keep it up.

Yeah I stay out of the main vortex areas except to update my thread. The Tech area for the most part is a good place for information. Thats where I stay most of the time.

Anti Bling

Off Road Rabbit
I used H&R Tiguan 1 1/2 inch lift springs all around on the stock front struts and 2 inch longer procomp rear shocks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles