Lift options Gmc Savana

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
chevy lift kit

Just wanted to chime in with 2 cents. If your not in a rush to lift your van we are designing a 2 wheel drive lift kit that will have several different options from 2" to 4" and possible a 6+" lift possibly. We really want to give all you chevy/gmc guys some options for your vans.
Thanks
WTD

DogCrazy

Shocks which fit 2-3" lifted AWD vans.

Front:
Bilstein #24-186643

Rear:
Bilstein #24-221948
Bilstein #24-185615

Does Anybody know the difference in the 2 rear shocks ?

Also on Amazon it says check to make sure it fits your vehicle with the part numbers. I'm assuming it fits , just not by what the computer or system tells you?

Just to clarify, these are the shocks you would use on a car lifted with the Boulder kit, or would you continue using stock shocks?
Does anyone know which shocks the Boulder rear handling kit ships with? They say bilstein, but don't indicate which model... I guess I'll fire off an email and ask!

Mcarpenito89

Adventurer
I'm running the Traxda lift on my 08 AWD and it's decent for getting a little height. Going over dips at speed though, the rear end likes to bounce a little so I'll be upgrading the shocks soon.

Do you have any pics you can post ?

Also are you on stock stocks I'm guessing ?

86cj

Explorer
Just wanted to chime in with 2 cents. If your not in a rush to lift your van we are designing a 2 wheel drive lift kit that will have several different options from 2" to 4" and possible a 6+" lift possibly. We really want to give all you chevy/gmc guys some options for your vans.
Thanks
WTD

Very good news, thank you.............................

Mcarpenito89

Adventurer
Here's what mine looks like on stock wheels/tires

Thanks
WTD

Interesting , can you provide more details?

Mcarpenito89

Adventurer
838e728970d35ecbb8a3c63c73b877f9.jpg

Before I order this , is there really any difference between this and the Traxda4445 kit ? It looks really similar to me.

Also somebody had posted where you can buy a traxda lift , but not direct. It's around $200/220 which is $100 cheaper than Traxda site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

86cj

Explorer
838e728970d35ecbb8a3c63c73b877f9.jpg

Before I order this , is there really any difference between this and the Traxda4445 kit ? It looks really similar to me.

Also somebody had posted where you can buy a traxda lift , but not direct. It's around $200/220 which is $100 cheaper than Traxda site.

I would stay away from aluminum lift blocks, even high quality aluminum. They will be sandwiched between two iron surfaces causing galvanic issues, steel blocks are easy enough to find so there is no good reason to do it. 88-99 4x4 1/2 tons used a 1 1/8" block stock, 99-up used a 7/8" block those are almost free at a junk yard, just dont stack any blocks. Your van will see lots of salt right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mcarpenito89

Adventurer
Doesn't every lift kit come with them including the Traxda kit ?

I just ask cause I believe Telesteve is running this on his van.

86cj

Explorer
Doesn't every lift kit come with them including the Traxda kit ?

I just ask cause I believe Telesteve is running this on his van.

I know Readylift makes some nice steel blocks, your springs are 2 1/2" wide any brand steel will work, make sure they are not tapered just flat. Some blocks advertise lift, make sure it is a 2" block not a 2" lift, it has to do with removing the factory blocks I mentioned, you cant stack them.

SD Truck spring is hard to beat, fast and trustworthy, great deals call them...

Last edited:

Mcarpenito89

Adventurer
Upon research it looks like the few difference are the following.

Supreme : T6 Billet lift blocks , and it is 60/70 cheapee

Traxda : Steele Lift Blocks and made in the USA

Traxda would technically be stronger even though the billet is stronger than std aluminum. Both have zinc plates U bolts ect. Traxda is like $60/70 more

86cj

Explorer
Upon research it looks like the few difference are the following.

Supreme : T6 Billet lift blocks , and it is 60/70 cheapee

Traxda : Steele Lift Blocks and made in the USA

Traxda would technically be stronger even though the billet is stronger than std aluminum. Both have zinc plates U bolts ect. Traxda is like $60/70 more

There is your answer, Traxda is steel, lot's of places to save money on weaker parts, suspension and tires are not one of them...

Looks like SD Truckspring has Rough Country 2" steel lift blocks and u bolts # 97034 for $54 and #12906 key lift for $108= $162 website says call and they offer 20% instead of the 10% listed. I got free shipping when I ordered from them. Looks like they have 24-221948 rear shocks for $106 and 24-186643 fronts for $81. Summit racing has the shocks about $10-13 cheaper, I bet they price match if you call..That should give you what it takes to lift your van...

BTW most of the time my van is on the road it is not loaded for camping making it as light or lighter than your jetski hauler, that shock combo works great either way, you are more like the rest of us than you think....I run the 92-99 suburban rear springs #22-907 rated at 2900lbs and the ride is great loaded or empty.

Last edited:

kstarr

There is your answer, Traxda is steel, lot's of places to save money on weaker parts, suspension and tires are not one of them...

Looks like SD Truckspring has Rough Country 2" steel lift blocks and u bolts # 97034 for $54 and #12906 key lift for $108= $162 website says call and they offer 20% instead of the 10% listed. I got free shipping when I ordered from them. Looks like they have 24-221948 rear shocks for $106 and 24-186643 fronts for $81. Summit racing has the shocks about $10-13 cheaper, I bet they price match if you call..That should give you what it takes to lift your van...

BTW most of the time my van is on the road it is not loaded for camping making it as light or lighter than your jetski hauler, that shock combo works great either way, you are more like the rest of us than you think....I run the 92-99 suburban rear springs #22-907 rated at 2900lbs and the ride is great loaded or empty.

Thanks for all the info everyone. I'm pretty close to ordering everything from SD Springs that is listed above(2500 leaf springs, ubolts, blocks, new shocks front and back), but the question still remaining for me is which keys! What is the difference between these https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/spx-smx-mc2/overview/ Maxxcams at $224
or these http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1156
from SD Springs at $79?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles