Lift options Gmc Savana

Mcarpenito89

Adventurer
Hey guys, looking for info on options to lift my 2006 Gmc Savana. If anybody can chime in with pictures and what they used I would appreciate it.

Mcarpenito89

Adventurer

Shocks which fit 2-3" lifted AWD vans.

Front:
Bilstein #24-186643

Rear:
Bilstein #24-221948
Bilstein #24-185615

Does Anybody know the difference in the 2 rear shocks ?

Also on Amazon it says check to make sure it fits your vehicle with the part numbers. I'm assuming it fits , just not by what the computer or system tells you?

TeleSteve

Adventurer
Bilstein #24-221948 is 4600 series designed for 2500-3500 vans

Bilstein #24-185615 is 5100 series designed for 95-99 tahoe

Mcarpenito89

Adventurer
I am just referring to the thread from Bowrider. He includes them part numbers for 2-3" lifted awd vans.

I plan on using the 2" Boulder off road kit and replacing the shocks with bilstein 5100's. I just want to make sure thoss are the part numbers I have to use.

I have a 06 Gmc Savana 1500 Passenger Van

86cj

Explorer
Bilstein #24-221948 is 4600 series designed for 2500-3500 vans

Bilstein #24-185615 is 5100 series designed for 95-99 tahoe

Bilstein 4600 body is made of steel, 5100 body is made of aluminum. Bilstein says it is the same shock otherwise, you want the one they valved for your van.

The 4600 has very specific valving for each mostly stock application and the 5100 covers more lifted non stock applications, like the mild lift 1/2 ton PU and SUV 5100 shocks we use on the front of our AWD Vans.

Bilstein does not make a 5100 for the rear of your van, the 4600 HD #24-221948 (3/4-1 ton shock) is 2.34" longer than a stock 1/2 ton shock and valved stiffer at 389-73 it works well.

The 5100 #24-185615 rear shock you mention is valved at 287-77, Bilstein says it would perform terrible on a heavy van, but they will bolt on and are 3" longer or 5.3" longer than stock.

TeleSteve

Adventurer
Bilstein 4600 body is made of steel, 5100 body is made of aluminum. Bilstein says it is the same shock otherwise, you want the one they valved for your van.

The 4600 has very specific valving for each mostly stock application and the 5100 covers more lifted non stock applications, like the mild lift 1/2 ton PU and SUV 5100 shocks we use on the front of our AWD Vans.

Bilstein does not make a 5100 for the rear of your van, the 4600 HD #24-221948 (3/4-1 ton shock) is 2.34" longer than a stock 1/2 ton shock and valved stiffer at 389-73 it works well.

The 5100 #24-185615 rear shock you mention is valved at 287-77, Bilstein says it would perform terrible on a heavy van, but they will bolt on and are 3" longer or 5.3" longer than stock.

I am curious where you found the valving specs for the Bilstein shocks? Great information,I couldn't find any in Internet searches.

Mcarpenito89

Adventurer

Hey, I believe it was you who posted the valving specs in your thread or somebody else's.

I know I previously said I planned on using the Boulder kit, however after I've seen so many pics of the Txx4445 Traxda COMPLETE Lift Kit 2003-2014 Chevrolet Express 1500 (Fits 4x4/AWD Models ONLY) 2"-3" Adj. Front Lift 1" Rear Lift , I've decided to go that route.

At this moment I have decent shocks on my rig which are KYB's , but I plan on changing to the Bilstein shocks.

Can or should I use the shocks stated above when I do the lift , tires, wheels or will it be a different fitment since I'm not using the suburban leaf springs ect?

86cj

Explorer
I am curious where you found the valving specs for the Bilstein shocks? Great information,I couldn't find any in Internet searches.

I called them and asked them just that question, they don't give it up easily.....

It was a dead end at first, he would not cross reference or be a part of any recommendations, he was cool but very coy and vague. I had a ton of part numbers that might work and asked questions coy and vague enough I guess, he took pity and gave me the ones we needed. It was a weird conversation and "He recommended nothing to me" for the record. He did state they would re-valve any 4600 or 5100 for a nominal fee if you send it to them, you have to provide the valving numbers though because?..... He can't recommend them.............

I know it's for legal reasons but it seemed like I was asking Bentley about power ratings... they used to just say "Adequate" if you were rude enough to ask!

BajaSportsmobile

Baja Ironman
Agile Off-Road offers custom valved FOX Shocks for your van. We have done several Chevy/GMC vans with great results. Much improved over the Bilstein Shocks that were removed...

Wish41

I put the Agile RIP kit on my 2008 GMC SMB in July. Amazing difference in ride. Took it to CO in late July, and traveled on several easy/moderate 4wd roads and it handled fantastic. No more of the van leaning into corners either. On and offroad, it's much better. Call John at Agile and he will take care of you.

BajaSportsmobile

Baja Ironman
I checked the site, I don't not see a link to product or price.

Sorry, we are not a website. We build vans and do suspensions, keeping the website current is never going to happen. Every job is unique as is every customer and their needs - hard to price that out on a website. Custom valved FOX Shocks are $129.95 - that much I do know.

We have done RIP Kits on Astro Vans, Full Size GM Vans... Unlike most shops, we don't just bolt on shocks... we do custom work, there often is no "part number" you can order.

I put the Agile RIP kit on my 2008 GMC SMB in July. Amazing difference in ride. Took it to CO in late July, and traveled on several easy/moderate 4wd roads and it handled fantastic. No more of the van leaning into corners either. On and offroad, it's much better. Call John at Agile and he will take care of you.

Thank you for the review. We are glad you are another very happy customer.

Mcarpenito89

Adventurer
Sorry, we are not a website. We build vans and do suspensions, keeping the website current is never going to happen. Every job is unique as is every customer and their needs - hard to price that out on a website. Custom valved FOX Shocks are $129.95 - that much I do know.

We have done RIP Kits on Astro Vans, Full Size GM Vans... Unlike most shops, we don't just bolt on shocks... we do custom work, there often is no "part number" you can order.

Thank you for the review. We are glad you are another very happy customer.

Do you have a contact number John? Will call to discuss some options

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94