Lifestyle Overland: The Enchanted Rockies Trail

fordracing19

Observer
thank you for making this available. We are coming to NM in April and I hope the gates are open so that we can do this section. http://www.lifestyleoverland.com/enchanted-rockies-trail-gps-data-pecos-angel-fire-nm/
Did you make it? We turned around this past Thursday do to being alone and road had not been passed since the last snow.

Some was really mild but by Pecos to I25 was rough.
d9048c7cf842d1c05ddf8aa9e8e547f1.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

justbecause

perpetually lost
Did you make it? We turned around this past Thursday do to being alone and road had not been passed since the last snow.

Some was really mild but by Pecos to I25 was rough.
d9048c7cf842d1c05ddf8aa9e8e547f1.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

no we didnt, plans changed pretty drastically and unexpectedly.

we are looking forward to the next video!

Tatted

Adventurer
we did Bishops castle and Phantom Canyon Road this weekend we took Shelf road out of Cripple creek to Canyon City...very awesome road to take on the way back

pc1305.jpg
pc1347.jpg
pc1359.jpg
pc1415.jpg

stressedpenguin

I just got back from doing your Sand Dunes to Cripple Creek in reverse, and it was amazing! I can only imagine how much planning went into the route, so thank you for posting up the GPS tracks so others can enjoy it as much as you did.

NotThePainter

Thanks so much for the planning and posting of this trail. We're in the early planning stages of doing this in a few years, once I retire. We're from New England so just getting there is a time commitment.

We have a Jeep Wrangler but for various reasons we're thinking of not bringing it. I've watched all the videos but would like advice from people who have done the trail.

Is it a stupid idea to run this in Subaru Outback? Before you start typing, let me just say that we have significant off-road experience so there's that. And we also know that an Outback is not an off road vehicle.

So how much off roading is on this route? I've seen some stuff in the video that makes me say "no way" but that's just a video. Were there bypasses?

We would be towing an adventure trailer for certain, the new Outback has a pretty decent tow rating. And we're also complete newbies to towing.

Doable or idiotic?

defend01

Amazing!! Incredible videos of overlanding with a kid! I know this is a few years old, but thank you for posting the videos and for inspiring some of our adventures!

Shooter235

Ran this route with my son this summer. Left Louisiana on July 4th and returned home 2 weeks and 3300+ miles later. It was a great route.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles