LIFEPO4 battery for cheap?

xvz12

I can't speak for that battery, but I have dealt with the company selling it, been good to me so far.

john61ct

Adventurer
Is DHgate an alternative to Ali?

Do they have buyer protection, at least as good as AliPay?

Or maybe even accept PayPal or credit cards with protection?

Last edited:

Superduty

Adventurer
Same seller, much better quality product

And you have access to cells for balancing, replacing BMS etc.

Can last decades if treated properly.

Yes bit more DIY, but I would not reco buying anything with unknown cells maker and closed - off inaccessible per-cell voltage

including Battle Born, Renogy etc

Thanks for your guidance.

Any links to a DIY instructions on how to put together the cells/BMS etc for a finished product?

john61ct

Adventurer
Know anyone that has had a LIFEPO4 for 2 or more decades?
Of course not.

But lots at 13+ years now, and many of their banks still at 98+ SoH% cycling daily.

Many with no BMS, or DIY protections only, manual balancing etc.

The keys are top notch cells to start with, and understanding not go near the specs on the data sheet.

Low C-rates, moderate temperatures, avoid the voltage shoulders both ends, keep SoC low until storage actually needed, no Floating etc etc

john61ct

Adventurer
Thanks for your guidance.

Any links to a DIY instructions on how to put together the cells/BMS etc for a finished product?
Avoid YouTubers except for 101-level learning the terminology.

Google **** using the site: keyword into the liveaboard / cruiser marine forums

CMS/MaineSail is the top guru in the above, not so active anymore but his marinehowto site is good. Also Catnewbie (sp?)

Aussie named T1 Terry, excellent but more caravanners, again older threads

Nordkyn? for some stuff.

Otherwise just research widely, you learn who knows their stuff pretty quickly.

taliv

Observer
wow, that is cheap. i paid more than twice that for a couple of the smartbattery because they have lifetime warranty and guarantee >100% depth of discharge. maybe that was a stupid move. time will tell.

jonyjoe101

Adventurer
it weighs 11.5 kilograms (about 25 pounds) for comparison a 100ah battleborn weighs 31 pounds. I always do weigh comparison when dealing with lithium, some generic cells weigh less then genuine cells.

I would have to see the inside of the battery to decide if its worth it. Someone like battleborn uses high quality cells on their lifepo4, someone from overseas might use grade b or c cells. You might end up with balancing problems which the bms will coverup with less capacity.

For DIY secondlifestorage is a good site. Using the large lifepo4 prismatic is as easy as it gets, just 4 big cells to get 12 volts. My 220 ah lifpeo4 which I built, has 160 cells tab welded together, 4 cells would be too easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles