Life With A Supercharged RRS For an Overland Rig

A.J.M

Explorer
It’s a 3.0 diesel I believe.

I quite like the rack. Not sure how many rack options are out there for the Sport though.

I like it aside from the factory roof rack, they are so ugly and weird looking. I was checking out decals from G4 th other day, deff slapping some of them on and some camel trophy stickers! Is that super charged? I know the snorkel doesn't work with the super charged model but they look so cool, would it be weird to get one purely for aesthetics?
The factory roof rack is actually one of the better options out there aesthetically if you remove the plastic front fairing and sides. You can basically reduce it to the metal base and it's actually quite handsome.

EDIT: Here's a photo of an LR4 with the OEM rack as described above ^

1571837923138.png

Last edited:

Colorofkris

The factory roof rack is actually one of the better options out there aesthetically if you remove the plastic front fairing and sides. You can basically reduce it to the metal base and it's actually quite handsome.

EDIT: Here's a photo of an LR4 with the OEM rack as described above ^

View attachment 546342
This is easily in my top 5 favorite rovers I have ever seen! I have been drooling over this picture for years now.

As for the factory rack the lr3/lr4 rack I like even with the plastic fairings, I like it better without now seeing that. I didn't know they were removable. For the price point I would rather pick up an ARB flat rack for 700 or even a front runner for more, last RRS factory rack I saw online was like $2400. I personally want the voyager off-road champion rack as shown below. I have heard mixed reviews on the company though, regardless its pretty sweet.

Roof Rack.jpg

This is easily in my top 5 favorite rovers I have ever seen! I have been drooling over this picture for years now.

As for the factory rack the lr3/lr4 rack I like even with the plastic fairings, I like it better without now seeing that. I didn't know they were removable. For the price point I would rather pick up an ARB flat rack for 700 or even a front runner for more, last RRS factory rack I saw online was like $2400. I personally want the voyager off-road champion rack as shown below. I have heard mixed reviews on the company though, regardless its pretty sweet.

View attachment 546404
I mean...I'd never buy one new. I almost bought an OEM LR3 one used because the drive through worker at my local Taco Bell had an LR3 with the rack and I offered her $300 for the rack. She obviously didn't know what it was worth, nor did she really care for it. I wound up backing out because I sold the truck 2 weeks later, but the point is that because it was an OEM option, you may be able to purchase a used one that is a take-off or on someone's truck for dirt cheap. Also, I'm pretty sure you can get an LR3 one to work on an RRS if you're willing to get crafty.

Colorofkris

Update Nov 4th

Works been busy so not a whole lot has gotten done. No new issues have come up nor has anything else been done. Still trying to find a day to get the coupler for the SC taken care of as well as a hand full of projects/ accessories I am trying to put on. All in due time I guess. I did order a hitch finally so I can now through the mountain bike on the hitch rack.

In the mean time I have been getting comfortable off-road with the Rover. Took it out to a local spot twice this last week just to go ride around. Got some photos and videos, just waiting on it to get uploaded from a friend.

Ocala camp trip coming up this weekend, the wife and I along with the 3 dogs are headed down foe our 1 year anniversary. That should be a fun trip and a good shake down for organization. I used to traveling in a 2 door wrangler so space is not a luxury Im used to.

IMG_Nov32019at93342PM.jpgIMG_Nov32019at93301PM.jpg